Thread: ELO

ELO

I just picked up a copy of their Greatest Hits CD. I had forgotten how fun they are to listen to.

Check out that hair!

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

Re: ELO

And don't bring me down!

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chiph
    I just picked up a copy of their Greatest Hits CD. I had forgotten how fun they are to listen to.

Check out that hair!

Chip H.

ELO had some hits; I always liked them!

Also, I'm a huge Rush fan - and their outfits/look is something else, too!

ELO had a lot of great hits, for some reason they have been forgotten. They aren't mentioned much or played much on the radio these days. Hopefully that will change.

As for Rush, I can't stand Rush. Tom Sawyer was probably the most over-played Rock song during this period. When I hear it now I cringe.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    ELO had a lot of great hits, for some reason they have been forgotten. They aren't mentioned much or played much on the radio these days. Hopefully that will change.

As for Rush, I can't stand Rush. Tom Sawyer was probably the most over-played Rock song during this period. When I hear it now I cringe.
    How about "Red Barchetta"? That's a pretty good car song.... I also don't much like "Tom Sawyer" and agree it was way overplayed... justlike "Freebird" - a song I still can't stand hearing to this very day!

My favorite Rush period was the 80's and before. They started losing it with Presto.

With Vapor Trails, they started getting it back. I haven't heard the new one: Snakes and Arrows

IMO, if they ditched any instruments made after 1985, they'd sound a lot better. What I'm hearing is that they're so wrapped up with the new gear that they've forgotten that it's all about the songs.

Chip H.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    How about "Red Barchetta"? That's a pretty good car song.... I also don't much like "Tom Sawyer" and agree it was way overplayed... justlike "Freebird" - a song I still can't stand hearing to this very day!
    Not a fan of "Red Barchetta" or any other Rush song. Have to say Rush along with Styx were my least favorite bands of this period. Styx supposedly a rock band sounded more like a Cheesier version of the Little River Band with songs like "Sailing Away" and "Lady". And by the early 1980s the whole Robot thing Styx did with their songs and concert act was probably the worst. I felt sorry for a talented guy like Tommy Shaw stuck playing guitar in Styx.