Thread: Chinese Labor Practices

Hybrid View

Chinese Labor Practices

There are delays now in obtaining model trains from China. The official reason is sales demand, but I suspect the real reason is that Chinese workers are resisting poor work conditions. Actual demand for toy trains has fallen this year in the UK and NZ at least..

There is a rumour that some poor labor practices will be moved to India, but quality is deemed to be much poorer from there.

You can't get decent workers these days....

Re: Chinese Labor Practices

Quote Originally Posted by robmcg
    There are delays now in obtaining model trains from China. The official reason is sales demand, but I suspect the real reason is that Chinese workers are resisting poor work conditions. Actual demand for toy trains has fallen this year in the UK and NZ at least..

There is a rumour that some poor labor practices will be moved to India, but quality is deemed to be much poorer from there.

You can't get decent workers these days....
    Hallucinating again, are we? Chinese in general do not worry all that much about working conditions, it's having a job and getting paid that attracts their attention.

You see, they have this long standing tradition of, "no workee, no eatee." If that applied in the US, I'd be both thinner and in better shape.

Re: Chinese Labor Practices

There is a range of work practice in China, as I understand it. Some excellent 'show' factories, and a lot of back street sub-contractors.

Similar in India but since you approve of laissez-faire capitalism, I shall have to take a contrary view to you. It's a matter of form you know.

The NZ gummint has this morning bought back the entire railway system here. See? There IS hope...