Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOP dirty tricks squad already active

GOP dirty tricks squad already active

It looks like the GOP dirty tricksters are out in forace already. Usually they wait until the election is a little closer but I guess the feelings of revulsion are such that they decided to get a jump on the voting. This process dates back to the post WW2 elections and really got going with Nixon who had serial killer Ted Bundy on the squad. The Vietnam war also gragged on several years longer than neccesary when Nixon got the South Vietnam president to drag his feet at the peace talks because tricky Dick could get him a better deal, supposedly.

Now, graffitti has been sprayed to discredit the Democrats. This is one of the oldest tricks in the book. It's a variation of printing up extremely pro literature for a candidate and have extremely disagreeable people hand it out. This is like the famous photo of John Kerry and Hanoi Jane Fonda (doctored from two different pictures) and the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" that had more members than ever served in the brown water navy, John Kerry included, the woman who claimed Bill Clinton sexually harrassed her and had all sorts of plastic surgery paid for by GOP backers (like they couldn't find an actual victim of Bill given his known history?). How about the Iran-Contra debacle where the hostages in Iran weren't released until the actual time of Reagan being sworn in.

I live in extremely conservative Indiana. The John Birch Society has bill boards up around here. People that think Rush Limbaugh is a liberal talk about how they plan to vote for Obama. Clinton was reprehensible in his personal actions. However, when Clinton lied, nobody died.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Staff

Re: GOP dirty tricks squad already active

The democrats and the republicans are equally contemptible, along with their blind followers on both "sides." I have zero tolerance for political bullshit.

The Democrats want to take your right to own a gun, drive the car of your choice, and to run a business without punitive and strangling environmental regulation. The Republicans want to take away workers' rights, engage the country in sovereignty destroying free trade agreements.

I really don't care about anciliary political scandals, as they distract from the real issues.

The Republicans and the Democrats are enemies of the American middle class, yet these steaming idiots continue voting for the suicidal parties.

Frankly, I won't be satisfied until I take every voting card from every person that voted for anyone but the Constitution Party, the Libertarian Party, the Reform Party, and even the Green party in the last 4 elections and burn it in front of their faces.

I am sick and tired on an uneducated, moronic populace voting for repression, stupidity, and the lowest form of life to occupy the oval office.

As for the John Birch Society, I don't think that any of their views are particularly radical. For more information, click on www.jbs.org.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry

The Republicans and the Democrats are enemies of the American middle class, yet these steaming idiots continue voting for the suicidal parties.

Frankly, I won't be satisfied until I take every voting card from every person that voted for anyone but the Constitution Party, the Libertarian Party, the Reform Party, and even the Green party in the last 4 elections and burn it in front of their faces.

As for the John Birch Society, I don't think that any of their views are particularly radical. For more information, click on www.jbs.org.

Um........how is this better than what we have now? You want to remove voting rights from everybody that disagrees with you? As for the John Birch Society, their web site isn't their organization. I've lived around the members all my life. Eisenhower and Nixon didn't want the endorsement of John Wayne because he was a Bircher.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Staff

Quote Originally Posted by grouch

Um........how is this better than what we have now? You want to remove voting rights from everybody that disagrees with you? As for the John Birch Society, their web site isn't their organization. I've lived around the members all my life. Eisenhower and Nixon didn't want the endorsement of John Wayne because he was a Bircher.

Yeah, because the tyranny of the majority has screwed this country up so bad, its beyond repair.

Of course, taking away voting rights is not really possible or necessarily desirable. Either is the legion of screwballs, nutcases, gasbags and morons who have run this country into the ground since 1929.

The Americanist point of view has been completely sidelined, ignored and stepped on by the wonderful political establishment today.

John Wayne was a Bircher? All the more reason to like the Birch Society. John Wayne, not Sean Hannity, was the original great American! What makes shitheads like Nixon and Eisenhower think that they would get the endorsement of John Wayne? Given their records, they didn't deserve it.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

The democrats and the republicans are equally contemptible, along with their blind followers on both "sides." I have zero tolerance for political bullshit.

The Democrats want to take your right to own a gun, drive the car of your choice, and to run a business without punitive and strangling environmental regulation. The Republicans want to take away workers' rights, engage the country in sovereignty destroying free trade agreements.

I really don't care about anciliary political scandals, as they distract from the real issues.

I am sick and tired on an uneducated, moronic populace voting for repression, stupidity, and the lowest form of life to occupy the oval office.

The maggots (and the political class that depends on them) could be kept in check if the Constitution was in force; unfortunately, it has been nothing more than a talking point since 1865 - changeable at will and so null and void.

The maggots (and the political class that depends on them) could be kept in check if the Constitution was in force; unfortunately, it has been nothing more than a talking point since 1865 - changeable at will and so null and void.

Every time politicians change the constitution to suit their current election needs. After FDR was elected 4 times, they changed the process so that no individual may be elected president more than twice. Then the first president with a chance at a third term is also a member of the party that changed the parameters.

The term that comes to mind most with politicians is pandering. Coincidentally, that term is also used when a pimp is arrested. Now I know how politicians look at the average voter.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Every time politicians change the constitution to suit their current election needs. After FDR was elected 4 times, they changed the process so that no individual may be elected president more than twice. Then the first president with a chance at a third term is also a member of the party that changed the parameters.

The term that comes to mind most with politicians is pandering. Coincidentally, that term is also used when a pimp is arrested. Now I know how politicians look at the average voter.
    Exactly. A so-called "living" Constitution is worthless precisely because its protections and guarantees may be altered at whim by the ruling class. The only way the Constitution should be changed is via the mechanism prescribed by the men who wrote it - that is, via amendment. The idea that the plain meaning of the text may be "interpreted" by the very government it was designed to reign in makes a mockery of the whole thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    The idea that the plain meaning of the text may be "interpreted" by the very government it was designed to reign in makes a mockery of the whole thing....
    Nonsense: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    The idea that the plain meaning of the text may be "interpreted" by the very government it was designed to reign in makes a mockery of the whole thing....
    Nonsense: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."
    But Mike thinks I am a liberrrrrrral!

This process dates back to the post WW2 elections and really got going with Nixon who had serial killer Ted Bundy on the squad.
    Fact check: You DO realize that this sentence alone is enough to discredit whatever else you might say, right?

John Wayne was a Bircher? All the more reason to like the Birch Society. John Wayne, not Sean Hannity, was the original great American!
    Please educate me. Outside the roles he played on screen, what was so great about him?

Quote Originally Posted by mrblanche
    This process dates back to the post WW2 elections and really got going with Nixon who had serial killer Ted Bundy on the squad.
    Fact check: You DO realize that this sentence alone is enough to discredit whatever else you might say, right?

What part is incorrect? Ted Bundy did work on the committee to elect Richard Nixon president and he was executed for muder. He even bragged about some of the dirty tricks he pulled for the president to get him elected the second time. Nixon also cranked up the dirty tricks himself and even had an "enemies" list. He played it fairly straight in 1960 and didn't plan to do that in '68. He didn't either.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

He even bragged about some of the dirty tricks he pulled for the president to get him elected the second time. Nixon also cranked up the dirty tricks himself and even had an "enemies" list. He played it fairly straight in 1960 and didn't plan to do that in '68. He didn't either.
    Nixon learned all he needed from watching the Kennedy family. Bobby was very good at trick, lists, and paybacks.

Eric/Henry,

Not real sure where this thread is going. Seems to be flapping in the wind. I would just refer everyone to the Tenth Amendment of the US Constitution:

THE POWERS NOT DELEGATED TO THE UNITED STATES BY THE CONSTITUTION, NOR PROHIBITED BY IT TO THE STATES, ARE RESERVED TO THE STATES RESPECTIVELY, OR TO THE PEOPLE.

The Ninth Amendment might also be instructive:

THE ENUMERATION OF THE CONSTITUTION, OF CERTAIN RIGHTS, SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED TO DENY OR DISPARAGE OTHERS RETAINED BY THE PEOPLE.

Basically, to HELL with subsequent interpretations, "penumbras" or "emanations" of the enumerated text. Liberals use this crap to "find" rights in our Constitution. I keep expounding on this issue but, just for example, a return to the NMSL, if done by the threat of the witholding of highway funds to the individual states, is a valid Legislative/Executive use of Federal power. I just wouldn't be surprised if, with Obama as President, and Democrats in the majority in Congress, the 'Nanny State" didn't come back under the guise and subterfuge of the "Interstate Commerce" clause, which has been so broadly used that it has become the rationale for Washington to do whatever they wish. And they fall back on the Fourteenth Amendment "Equal Protection" clause to give their intrusive decisions even more "legitimacy".

Hawg

Nanny State or Police State, take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by hwyhawg
    Eric/Henry,

Not real sure where this thread is going. Seems to be flapping in the wind. I would just refer everyone to the Tenth Amendment of the US Constitution:

THE POWERS NOT DELEGATED TO THE UNITED STATES BY THE CONSTITUTION, NOR PROHIBITED BY IT TO THE STATES, ARE RESERVED TO THE STATES RESPECTIVELY, OR TO THE PEOPLE.

The Ninth Amendment might also be instructive:

THE ENUMERATION OF THE CONSTITUTION, OF CERTAIN RIGHTS, SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED TO DENY OR DISPARAGE OTHERS RETAINED BY THE PEOPLE.

Basically, to HELL with subsequent interpretations, "penumbras" or "emanations" of the enumerated text. Liberals use this crap to "find" rights in our Constitution. I keep expounding on this issue but, just for example, a return to the NMSL, if done by the threat of the witholding of highway funds to the individual states, is a valid Legislative/Executive use of Federal power. I just wouldn't be surprised if, with Obama as President, and Democrats in the majority in Congress, the 'Nanny State" didn't come back under the guise and subterfuge of the "Interstate Commerce" clause, which has been so broadly used that it has become the rationale for Washington to do whatever they wish. And they fall back on the Fourteenth Amendment "Equal Protection" clause to give their intrusive decisions even more "legitimacy".

Hawg
    Amen - but that all went out the window at Appomatox in 1865.

Maybe, but ...

The feds enforce most of their onerous rules by the threat of withholding funding for this and that. If you want those highway funds (which you have already paid) and the feds wnat a 55 mph limit, guess what?

Extortion, bribery? Take your pick.

Maybe, but ...

The feds enforce most of their onerous rules by the threat of withholding funding for this and that. If you want those highway funds (which you have already paid) and the feds wnat a 55 mph limit, guess what?

No maybes about it!

Prior to 1865, state sovereignty was a given - and also the limits of the federal government's power. States could - and frequently did - simply refuse to enforce any federal edict they felt to be unconstitutional and an affront to the wishes of the people of that state (who were the ultimate sovereigns). Northern states as well as Southern states did so.

This was the ultimate - and most important - check on the power (and potential abuses) of the federal government.

Abe Lincoln - shyster corporate lawyer and tool of Northern big business - ended all that. At gunpoint.

Ignorant Americans have been told to believe the BS about "ending slavery." That was a complete crock of shit. Abe's object was to consolidate power and erect a system of patronage and corporate welfare. Period.

He himself said so.

The American republic died in 1865. The American empire was born that year.

Staff

Maybe, but ...

No maybes about it!

Prior to 1865, state sovereignty was a given - and also the limits of the federal government's power. States could - and frequently did - simply refuse to enforce any federal edict they felt to be unconstitutional and an affront to the wishes of the people of that state (who were the ultimate sovereigns). Northern states as well as Southern states did so.

This was the ultimate - and most important - check on the power (and potential abuses) of the federal government.

Abe Lincoln - shyster corporate lawyer and tool of Northern big business - ended all that. At gunpoint.

Ignorant Americans have been told to believe the BS about "ending slavery." That was a complete crock of shit. Abe's object was to consolidate power and erect a system of patronage and corporate welfare. Period.

He himself said so.

Correction: It ended in 1861, Abes first year in office!

No maybes about it!

He himself said so.

Eric,

Have to disagree the US did not become an empire until after WWII when the US had miltary bases that spanned the globe. Most Historians agree that the era of the US empire started after WWII.

After the Civil War, the US settled back to being a Republic and remained this way until 1913 - this was the year the US Republic was lost due to the Federal Income Tax (which could now support an empire) and the Federal Reserve Act was passed which gave private bankers control over our currency. From 1791 to 1900 the dollar's value stayed the same, there was no inflation to speak of. After the Federal Reserve Act we have had nothing but inflation and devaulation of the money. We are now a bankrupt empire owned by the bankers that control the Federal Reserve.