Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: One reason to vote for Obama...

  1. #1
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    23,009

    One reason to vote for Obama...

    There is one reason I can think of to vote for Obama this fall - all his deficits taken fully into account: It is simply that if McChimp wins, we'll get another (maybe two) neo-con "federalist society" thugs on the Supreme Court. It's hard for me to accept I'm saying this, but things are so bad right now - and the looming threat of a rubber stamp Supreme Court that will "amen" extra-legal, extra-judicial police state tactics that a McChimp presidency would almost certainly bring to bear, is such that having a "liberal" on the court seems to be the only (if imperfect) means of throwing a monkey wrench into the works.

    Since I don't want to live in a Chimpian security state, where defending (ha!) the "Homeland" becomes the pretext for new and even more obnoxious assaults on the Bill of Rights and Constitution, I may just have to pull the lever for Obama....

    Elvis help us....

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    119

    Re: One reason to vote for Obama...

    So...when was the last time you voted for a Republican or Libertarian for President?

    In other words, I doubt this sudden Democrat admission is anything new.

    I, personally, don't think the world will come crashing down around our ears, no matter who gets elected. The system self-corrects pretty rapidly; Clinton's disastrous 1994 election shows that to be the case. In other words, even if Obama is as radically left as his record indicates (after all, he votes to the left of Bernie Sanders!), he would have only 2 years to create mischief, at most.

    And the legislature is already a pretty effective balance to anything too extraordinary McCain might try. And he has no history of trying anything extraordinary.

  3. #3
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    23,009

    Re: One reason to vote for Obama...

    "So...when was the last time you voted for a Republican or Libertarian for President?"

    The Chimp's father in '88. Reagan in '84 (the first year I could vote).

    "In other words, I doubt this sudden Democrat admission is anything new."

    Sorry, Mike - the fact that one despises The Chimp doesn't make one a Democrat. That pathetic smear doesn't fly. (You should tuck it under the double chin of bloated GOP apologists such as Rush Limbaugh.)

    Anyone who dislikes big, intrusive overbearing, spendthrift government (in other words, everything The Chimp stands for) would naturally loathe The Chimp.

    If you support The Chimp, then you support big, intrusive overbearing spendthrift government. No getting around it. If you don't support those things, you should be supporting someone else - like Ron Paul, or Bob Barr.

    The GOP is not the party of freedom. It is the party of statism as much as the Democratic Party is. They just pursue slightly different statist ends.



  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Raleigh NC, USA
    Posts
    3,628

    Re: One reason to vote for Obama...

    Obama is opposed to your right to carry a gun.

    Why not look at Bob Barr, instead?
    http://www.bobbarr2008.com/

    Chip H.

    Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

  5. #5
    Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,126

    Re: One reason to vote for Obama...

    I would never vote for Obama.

  6. #6
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    23,009

    Re: One reason to vote for Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by chiph
    Obama is opposed to your right to carry a gun.

    Why not look at Bob Barr, instead?
    http://www.bobbarr2008.com/

    Chip H.
    I much prefer Barr - or any Libertarian. But he hasn't got a chance. It will be McChimp or Odumbo. And it seems to me that the imperative right now is to try to stop the slide into authoritarianism that has been picking up speed under The Chimp. One way to do that is to prevent McChimp from being in a position to appoint another corporate-fascist tool to the Supreme Court.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,614

    Re: One reason to vote for Obama...

    It appears that there is some agreement with your notion that Mr. Bush has given some thought to war with Iran.

    http://www.reuters.com/article/lates.../idUSN29358834

    Then again, it comes from a New Yorker, a once wonderful rag which is now liberal-pink and to be taken with at least a grain of salt.

  8. #8
    Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,126

    Re: One reason to vote for Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by chiph
    Obama is opposed to your right to carry a gun.

    Why not look at Bob Barr, instead?
    http://www.bobbarr2008.com/

    Chip H.
    I much prefer Barr - or any Libertarian. But he hasn't got a chance. It will be McChimp or Odumbo. And it seems to me that the imperative right now is to try to stop the slide into authoritarianism that has been picking up speed under The Chimp. One way to do that is to prevent McChimp from being in a position to appoint another corporate-fascist tool to the Supreme Court.
    Agreed, but it was the corporate facist tools who voted against the Washington DC gun ban in the recent 5-4 decision.

  9. #9
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    23,009

    Re: One reason to vote for Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    It appears that there is some agreement with your notion that Mr. Bush has given some thought to war with Iran.

    http://www.reuters.com/article/lates.../idUSN29358834

    Then again, it comes from a New Yorker, a once wonderful rag which is now liberal-pink and to be taken with at least a grain of salt.
    Well, it's not a matter of "liberal pinko" (or "right wing conservative") to note that The Chimp has been pushing for an embargo of Iran (essentially, an act of war) and has already hectored the pathetic Congress into labeling the so-called Quds Force a "terrorist" organization.. and had his shill generals try to peddle the BS that Iran is funding and training the insurgents in Iraq (and thus, we're already "fightin' 'em").

    It's just as obvious that The Chimp has the same boner to attack Iran that he had for attacking Iraq. I hope he can he stopped... .



  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,614

    Re: One reason to vote for Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric

    It's just as obvious that The Chimp has the same boner to attack Iran that he had for attacking Iraq. I hope he can he stopped... .


    Well don't look to the Congress to do it, they've already funded everything Mr. Bush has asked for through the end of his time in office.

  11. #11
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    23,009

    Re: One reason to vote for Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric

    It's just as obvious that The Chimp has the same boner to attack Iran that he had for attacking Iraq. I hope he can he stopped... .


    Well don't look to the Congress to do it, they've already funded everything Mr. Bush has asked for through the end of his time in office.
    Exactly why I am so worried - and take this s seriously. Those buffoons will bend over every time The Chimp commands them to....

Similar Threads

  1. vote!
    By Michael in forum Tea Party Talk...
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 02:29 PM
  2. Why I Do Not Vote
    By Eric in forum Tea Party Talk...
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 09:51 AM
  3. Would you vote for this guy?
    By Eric in forum The Maggots...
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 12:44 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 12:30 PM
  5. 5 black presidents before Obama; Obama 1st Arab President
    By ColleenC2 in forum Secession Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 02:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •