Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Irish E-Mail

  1. #1
    gail
    Guest

    Irish E-Mail

    'We, in Ireland , can't figure out why people are even bothering to hold an
    election in the United States
    On one side, you have a bitch who is a lawyer, married to a lawyer, running
    against a lawyer who is married to a bitch who is a lawyer.
    On the other side, you have a war hero married to a good looking Woman who
    owns a beer distributorship.
    What are you lads thinking over there?'

  2. #2
    D_E_Davis
    Guest

    Re: Irish E-Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    'We, in Ireland , can't figure out why people are even bothering to hold an
    election in the United States
    On one side, you have a bitch who is a lawyer, married to a lawyer, running
    against a lawyer who is married to a bitch who is a lawyer.
    On the other side, you have a war hero married to a good looking Woman who
    owns a beer distributorship.
    What are you lads thinking over there?'
    Obviously that is a spoof, and not from Ireland at all. A true Irishman would endorse the candidate with links to the beer distributorship.


  3. #3
    Senior Member misterdecibel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,408

    Re: Irish E-Mail

    I think that's the point.

  4. #4
    gail
    Guest

    Re: Irish E-Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by D_E_Davis
    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    'We, in Ireland , can't figure out why people are even bothering to hold an
    election in the United States
    On one side, you have a bitch who is a lawyer, married to a lawyer, running
    against a lawyer who is married to a bitch who is a lawyer.
    On the other side, you have a war hero married to a good looking Woman who
    owns a beer distributorship.
    What are you lads thinking over there?'
    Obviously that is a spoof, and not from Ireland at all. A true Irishman would endorse the candidate with links to the beer distributorship.

    Isn't that what the Irishman was endorsing. Is this a case; beauty (beer distributorship) is in the eye of the beholder, and obviuosly you think that << a bitch who is a lawyer, married to a lawyer, running
    against a lawyer who is married to a bitch who is a lawyer.
    >> trumps <<On the other side, you have a war hero married to a good looking Woman who
    owns a beer distributorship.>> What is wrong with this picture? :

  5. #5
    D_E_Davis
    Guest

    Re: Irish E-Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    Isn't that what the Irishman was endorsing. Is this a case; beauty (beer distributorship) is in the eye of the beholder, and obviuosly you think that << a bitch who is a lawyer, married to a lawyer, running
    against a lawyer who is married to a bitch who is a lawyer.
    >> trumps <<On the other side, you have a war hero married to a good looking Woman who
    owns a beer distributorship.>> What is wrong with this picture?
    It still smells like a spoof to me. None of my many Irish relatives have ever commented to me about US politics, although they all were quite dubious about our incursion into Iraq (and still are). Neither of my two aunts comments on anything but the dismal Irish weather. From the male cousins I get tactful remarks such as "What were those fellow in Washington thinking when...", and that's as far as it goes.


  6. #6
    gail
    Guest

    Re: Irish E-Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by D_E_Davis
    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    Isn't that what the Irishman was endorsing. Is this a case; beauty (beer distributorship) is in the eye of the beholder, and obviuosly you think that << a bitch who is a lawyer, married to a lawyer, running
    against a lawyer who is married to a bitch who is a lawyer.
    >> trumps <<On the other side, you have a war hero married to a good looking Woman who
    owns a beer distributorship.>> What is wrong with this picture?
    It still smells like a spoof to me. None of my many Irish relatives have ever commented to me about US politics, although they all were quite dubious about our incursion into Iraq (and still are). Neither of my two aunts comments on anything but the dismal Irish weather. From the male cousins I get tactful remarks such as "What were those fellow in Washington thinking when...", and that's as far as it goes.

    Yes, I'm fairly sure that it is a spoof. Boy, you guys really have a difficult time with humor, don't you? As to the referrence to drinking, this doesn't bother me at all. I am of Irish discent as well, my maiden name is Dunagan. However, my ancestor came to the Colonies in 1641, so I guess I haven't gotten taken in by sterotypes. Besides I don't drink alcohol beverages at all. How's that for irony, I'm Irish and don't drink, I'm blonde yet as sharp as they come, I'm old and still have my wits about me, and I love a good joke. Lighten up! ;D

  7. #7
    D_E_Davis
    Guest

    Re: Irish E-Mail

    <<As to the referrence to drinking, this doesn't bother me at all. I am of Irish discent as well, my maiden name is Dunagan. However, my ancestor came to the Colonies in 1641, so I guess I haven't gotten taken in by sterotypes.>>

    Ah, far too early! The Irish to be revered came between 1840 and 1850 - except my mother who arrived in 1920.

    <<Besides I don't drink alcohol beverages at all. How's that for irony, I'm Irish and don't drink...>>

    That indicates you need psychiatric help.

    <<I'm blonde yet as sharp as they come, I'm old and still have my wits about me, and I love a good joke. Boy, you guys really have a difficult time with humor, don't you? Lighten up! >>

    It will be difficult to lighten up until the evening of 20 Jan 2009.


  8. #8
    Senior Member misterdecibel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,408

    Re: Irish E-Mail

    Bloody Welsh...

  9. #9
    gail
    Guest

    Re: Irish E-Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by D_E_Davis
    <<As to the referrence to drinking, this doesn't bother me at all. I am of Irish discent as well, my maiden name is Dunagan. However, my ancestor came to the Colonies in 1641, so I guess I haven't gotten taken in by sterotypes.>>

    Ah, far too early! The Irish to be revered came between 1840 and 1850 - except my mother who arrived in 1920.

    <<Besides I don't drink alcohol beverages at all. How's that for irony, I'm Irish and don't drink...>>

    That indicates you need psychiatric help.

    <<I'm blonde yet as sharp as they come, I'm old and still have my wits about me, and I love a good joke. Boy, you guys really have a difficult time with humor, don't you? Lighten up! >>

    It will be difficult to lighten up until the evening of 20 Jan 2009.

    And then you can really get uptight. shudder!

Similar Threads

  1. No Mail for You! (Thanks, TSA)
    By Eric in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 06:53 AM
  2. How to check mail
    By dom in forum How-To
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 04:25 PM
  3. Strange E-Mail
    By ChevyMan in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 11:34 PM
  4. The Irish invade France
    By chiph in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 07:24 PM
  5. Irish Mail 1960
    By robmcg in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 07:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •