Thread: Signs

Signs

Has anybody seen or bought a sign that really does its job? I remember a really bad movie years ago called "Ice Pirates" and there was a sign in it that said "Keep out. Trespassers will be violated" On the way to work I pass a church and the signs in front say "Thou shalt not park here".

If you want to laugh out loud, try this web site. English isn't an easy language to work with anyway but when you don't speak it at all, it can be hilarious.

http://www.engrish.com
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Re: Signs

In one area of West Virginia there was a guy with a large wooded lot (several acres) who had a chain across his driveway with a sign that said "Trespassers Will Be Shot". Nobody ventured on his property. Who would dumb enough to?

Unfortunately, there *are* people who are dumb enough to think he was kidding. Usually they're "not from around here".

"Gorsh, he wouldn't really shoot me! That'd be downright rude!"

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grouch

Has anybody seen or bought a sign that really does its job? I remember a really bad movie years ago called "Ice Pirates" and there was a sign in it that said "Keep out. Trespassers will be violated" On the way to work I pass a church and the signs in front say "Thou shalt not park here".

If you want to laugh out loud, try this web site. English isn't an easy language to work with anyway but when you don't speak it at all, it can be hilarious.

The most ignored signs of all have to be speed limit signs - which ought to tell you something about most speed limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by grouch

One I saw over here, slightly Americanised for your consumption. "Jesus Saves ............................... He shops at Costco"

Ken.

The most ignored signs of all have to be speed limit signs - which ought to tell you something about most speed limits.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.