Thread: Universal Health Care

ColleenC2

Universal Health Care

what's up with this "Universal Health Care" for ALL. They are only talking about mandating that every citizen purchase health insurance on the same scale that every car owner must have car insurance.

Hell, the youth of this country can't even seem to keep up with their car Insurance let alone having to purchase Health Insurance.

Have people losst their ability to discern?

Re: Universal Health Care

Colleen,

It's about control and big profits for "Big Pharma". This government is in bed with the Pharmaceutical Industry. If the government can mandate everyone must go to a doctor then every citizen is forced to take the vaccines with Mercury or Thimerosal as they call it (which destroys the brain among other things) and pharmaceuticals which make "Big Pharma" that much more richer.

Kevin Trudeau in his books, explains very well the whole rotten system. The key is keep yourself heathly - eat organic foods, exercise, and take vitamins and other health supplements (which they are trying to slowly ban like they are doing in the EU) and tell them to shove it when they force you to go to a doctor when you don't need to. Don't fall into "Big Pharma's" system. Once you start taking pharmaceutical drugs it's very hard to break away and be healthy since they cause your system to break down. Most of these drugs put a massive load on your liver and other organs, eventually leading to a shorter lifespan.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Colleen,

It's about control and big profits for "Big Pharma". This government is in bed with the Pharmaceutical Industry. If the government can mandate everyone must go to a doctor then every citizen is forced to take the vaccines with Mercury or Thimerosal as they call it (which destroys the brain among other things) and pharmaceuticals which make "Big Pharma" that much more richer.

Kevin Trudeau in his books, explains very well the whole rotten system. The key is keep yourself heathly - eat organic foods, exercise, and take vitamins and other health supplements (which they are trying to slowly ban like they are doing in the EU) and tell them to shove it when they force you to go to a doctor when you don't need to. Don't fall into "Big Pharma's" system. Once you start taking pharmaceutical drugs it's very hard to break away and be healthy since they cause your system to break down. Most of these drugs put a massive load on your liver and other organs, eventually leading to a shorter lifespan.

Amen.

The industry is trying to turn everyone into a neurotic obsessed with "health care" - and pills, doctor visits and the full monte.

Most people could physically go most of their lives without more than minimal/occasional doctor visits - provided they took care of their bodies by eating right, exercising regularly and avoiding stupid/dangerous habits such as smoking.

I didn't have health insurance for all of my 20s; why waste the money? Yes, I know it was possible I could have had an accident or might have fallen ill. But neither was likely - and only a moon (in my opinion) bases his life/decisions on the unlikely vs. the likely.

ColleenC2

But neither was likely - and only a moon (in my opinion) bases his life/decisions on the unlikely vs. the likely.

I've never heard this phrase or word used in this context. What's a moon?

other than that which is up in the sky

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenC2
    But neither was likely - and only a moon (in my opinion) bases his life/decisions on the unlikely vs. the likely.

I've never heard this phrase or word used in this context. What's a moon?

other than that which is up in the sky
    I believe this is a typo and he meant to say "moron".

I didn't have health insurance for all of my 20s; why waste the money? Yes, I know it was possible I could have had an accident or might have fallen ill. But neither was likely - and only a moon (in my opinion) bases his life/decisions on the unlikely vs. the likely. >>

That is the reason and purpose for ALL kinds of insurance. To protect yourself against the unlikely disaster. Insurance spreads the risk. It is why I have car insurance, home insurance, health insurance, life insurance.
    A man's greatest mistake is to think he is working for somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mase
    I didn't have health insurance for all of my 20s; why waste the money? Yes, I know it was possible I could have had an accident or might have fallen ill. But neither was likely - and only a moon (in my opinion) bases his life/decisions on the unlikely vs. the likely. >>

That is the reason and purpose for ALL kinds of insurance. To protect yourself against the unlikely disaster. Insurance spreads the risk. It is why I have car insurance, home insurance, health insurance, life insurance.
    And until rather recently in history, most people managed to live perfectly well without all of it!

People lived without indoor plumbing until rather recently too. And no automobiles.

Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel
    People lived without indoor plumbing until rather recently too. And no automobiles.
    True - but hardly comparable, in my opinion.

A young, fit person in his or her 20s is not likely to require more than the most routine and basic "health care" at this time of life - and it is a perfectly reasonable gamble to just pay out of pocket and save the money that would otherwise go into the maw of the health care insurance Con and put it to better use.

We're being conditioned to think we're all about to get cancer, have a heart attack or be afflicted with some other godawful major disease. Bunk!

If you are physically sound (no major inherited defects, etc.) and take very good care of yourself by eating right, exercising and avoiding bad habits such as smoking, the odds are extremely good you will have no need of a Quack until well into middle age, if then.

If you're young, all you really need is a catastrophic policy, just in case you get in a car wreck, or come down with a serious disease.

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

TC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    If you are physically sound (no major inherited defects, etc.) and take very good care of yourself by eating right, exercising and avoiding bad habits such as smoking, the odds are extremely good you will have no need of a Quack until well into middle age, if then.
    I did all of those things and I agree with you.
    I reached the age of 74 before I had a significant problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TC
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    I did all of those things and I agree with you.
    I reached the age of 74 before I had a significant problem.
    Amen!

The issue, as I see it, is we've been conditioned to believe that all potential risks (even those that are quite unlikely) must be insured against. To the point that many of us are spending literally thousands of dollars every year for insurance of various kinds we could probably do just fine without. Especially in terms of our finances.

If a person spends, say $5,000 every year on health insurance, home insurance, car insurance, life insurance, etc. - that adds up to very big money over 20 years. It can be a smarter move, financially, to just save/invest a portion of that money instead. I know this runs counter to the received wisdom of today's "financial planners" and, of course, the general attitude that we must be insured, at all times, for every conceivable thing.

But I chose not to follow the received wisdom - and by my late 30s I managed to achieve near-financial independence: no debt, money in the bank and clear title to my house. This would not have been possible had I bought health insurance during my 20s (I am self-employed and the cost for such is enormous) because the money I used to finance my first house would have gone to health insurance. I also got the bare minimum car insurance - and no other insurance of any kind.

It's true I could have had some problem; I may have a stroke tomorrow. But I think the odds are in my favor - and I'm fine with running the supposed risks in return for the very real and tangible benefits!