Thread: Maybe We Can Feel a Little Less Guilty???

Maybe We Can Feel a Little Less Guilty???

Henry/Eric,

As to the enviro-terrorism that our government and special interest groups are waging against us, you may want to check this out: http://news.aol.com/article/nasa-tes...on-mars/112891.

It appears that our woefully under-funded, under-appreciated, and once upon a time, arguably the nation's #1 source of pride has discovered good ol' H2/0 on Mars. Odd. Mars is the fourth planet in our solar system, and millions of miles further away from the Sun than Earth. But, yet, they're finding water, or at least, ice transforming into water.

I'm not a chemist, physicist or astronomer, but is it not just possible that if water is flowing over there (even if they are warming the ice to get it), maybe the Sun really is becoming hotter (you mention this to a global warming freako, and they'll have a breakdown). Follow my likely flawed logic here: A hotter Sun could therefore account for an increase in Earth's global temperature.

Resultantly, I maintain that it's just possible that an enormous nuclear reactor, namely the Sun, likely trumps any global damage a 1970 Charger could possibly cause (or any other man-made carbon emissions source, for that matter). Hell, even the meteorologist who founded the Weather Channel has recently shown a chart that shows a direct, unmistakable correlation between low solar intensity, which corresponded with our last ice age, and high solar intensity, which correlates with our current warming cycle.

Just a little Tennessee, down South, common sense for your consideration.

Hawg

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: Maybe We Can Feel a Little Less Guilty???

Quote Originally Posted by hwyhawg
    Henry/Eric,

As to the enviro-terrorism that our government and special interest groups are waging against us, you may want to check this out: http://news.aol.com/article/nasa-tes...on-mars/112891.

It appears that our woefully under-funded, under-appreciated, and once upon a time, arguably the nation's #1 source of pride has discovered good ol' H2/0 on Mars. Odd. Mars is the fourth planet in our solar system, and millions of miles further away from the Sun than Earth. But, yet, they're finding water, or at least, ice transforming into water.

I'm not a chemist, physicist or astronomer, but is it not just possible that if water is flowing over there (even if they are warming the ice to get it), maybe the Sun really is becoming hotter (you mention this to a global warming freako, and they'll have a breakdown). Follow my likely flawed logic here: A hotter Sun could therefore account for an increase in Earth's global temperature.

Resultantly, I maintain that it's just possible that an enormous nuclear reactor, namely the Sun, likely trumps any global damage a 1970 Charger could possibly cause (or any other man-made carbon emissions source, for that matter). Hell, even the meteorologist who founded the Weather Channel has recently shown a chart that shows a direct, unmistakable correlation between low solar intensity, which corresponded with our last ice age, and high solar intensity, which correlates with our current warming cycle.

Just a little Tennessee, down South, common sense for your consideration.

Hawg
    I think what they found was water ice - which was melted by the spacecraft during an experiment. Liquid water does not currently exist on Mars - though it is now believed Mars once had abundant water, perhaps even oceans. But that was a long time ago.... .

Yup. The arm on the robot dug out ice, which was then melted by the science equipment on board.

The cool thing is that the ice is located amazingly close to the surface -- only an inch or so. Which means that if we ever get there ourselves, it'll be easy to extract & use.

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

Think I mentioned in my post that NASA melted the ice. Still, if there's ice, then there was, at one time, water. Probably during a high solar intensity phase.

Hawg

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hwyhawg
    Think I mentioned in my post that NASA melted the ice. Still, if there's ice, then there was, at one time, water. Probably during a high solar intensity phase.

Hawg
    Mars is a very interesting world; one theory has it that it must have been nearly destroyed at one point, perhaps by a massive impact with another body - which would explain the starkly differing hemispheres. Some scientists believe Mars may have been very Earth-like, once - with abundant liquid water, thick atmosphere and moderate temperatures, etc.