Thread: Bad parking skills

Bad parking skills

The employees at Yahoo are notorious for their bad parking skills, so much so that some has started a Flickr tag for them all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/ycantpark/

Chip H.

and one for Eric:

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

Re: Bad parking skills

Many years ago, i was heading out to the stadium here in town to work at a friends booth at a big car show. Normally, I just find a spot and park and not bother anybody else. I was in one of my moods though and when I'm like that, pompous buffoons beware.

As I was going down the aisles, I noticed a late model Camaro parked in two spots. directly straddling the line. Now, if you want to do that, but do it out away from all the rest of the traffic, go right ahead. This turkey was right up front. I was driving a '72 Mercury Comet that I bought off a friend after his wife wrecked it the third or fourth time. Bright yellow but with a red hood, green fender, large brown blotches where the bondo had popped out of the body and so on. My "grill" was a large piece of chicken wire to keep rocks and dirt clods from knocking holes in my radiator. One really ugly car, but it ran great.

I saw this Camaro and decided to adjust someone's attitude. I squeezed in on the drivers side into the parking space. I left enough room so people couple get into the properly parked car in the next space. I then went inside. Several hours later, I came out to find my car and the Camaro both there. however, at the time, there was an Audi Fox running around town in almost as bad a shape as my Comet. No trunk lid and with the trunk arms sticking up. It had squeezed in on the passenger side of the Camaro.That made three of us in two spots. ;D

People were taking pictures and I saw at least one biker roll by, stop and start laughing out loud. As I squeezed out, I saw several people give me a thumbs up and a biker waiting to pull in where I came out.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grouch

Many years ago, i was heading out to the stadium here in town to work at a friends booth at a big car show. Normally, I just find a spot and park and not bother anybody else. I was in one of my moods though and when I'm like that, pompous buffoons beware.

As I was going down the aisles, I noticed a late model Camaro parked in two spots. directly straddling the line. Now, if you want to do that, but do it out away from all the rest of the traffic, go right ahead. This turkey was right up front. I was driving a '72 Mercury Comet that I bought off a friend after his wife wrecked it the third or fourth time. Bright yellow but with a red hood, green fender, large brown blotches where the bondo had popped out of the body and so on. My "grill" was a large piece of chicken wire to keep rocks and dirt clods from knocking holes in my radiator. One really ugly car, but it ran great.

I saw this Camaro and decided to adjust someone's attitude. I squeezed in on the drivers side into the parking space. I left enough room so people couple get into the properly parked car in the next space. I then went inside. Several hours later, I came out to find my car and the Camaro both there. however, at the time, there was an Audi Fox running around town in almost as bad a shape as my Comet. No trunk lid and with the trunk arms sticking up. It had squeezed in on the passenger side of the Camaro.That made three of us in two spots. ;D

People were taking pictures and I saw at least one biker roll by, stop and start laughing out loud. As I squeezed out, I saw several people give me a thumbs up and a biker waiting to pull in where I came out.
    Great story - love it!

Back in the 80's some friends and I were gonna do a tailgate party at a SD Chargers game. Some of us got there early. One of the guys owned a roach coach which was coming later. We saved him a spot next to ours with a motorcycle and a card table set up with our food. Some idiot with New York plates tried to squeeze in to our spot. We convinced him the bike had to pay for parking and could use a whole spot. He left and parked a ways down, bumping someone elses table and pushing it out of the way.

We snuck down during half time and when he came out after the game he had two flat tires .
    A man's greatest mistake is to think he is working for somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mase
    Back in the 80's some friends and I were gonna do a tailgate party at a SD Chargers game. Some of us got there early. One of the guys owned a roach coach which was coming later. We saved him a spot next to ours with a motorcycle and a card table set up with our food. Some idiot with New York plates tried to squeeze in to our spot. We convinced him the bike had to pay for parking and could use a whole spot. He left and parked a ways down, bumping someone elses table and pushing it out of the way.

We snuck down during half time and when he came out after the game he had two flat tires .

I've seen worse done. A similar event took place in the early 70's. The driver came out to find the car sitting on blocks and the lug nuts removed. He found that out when he put it in gear and the wheels took off in opposite directions.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

And I have seen some realy weird stuff in my days as well. But I like to creat some fustrations for others as well. Being a physicly challenge person,( I wasn't allways this way), I like to find those who like to impose their lack of respect on others. Like crowding the line. I like to park right next to their door handles. Or when they park at an angle so the rear of the car is in the next spot. Those I pull in right behind, so their rear bumper is almost touching my quarter panel. I used to park BIG trucks and be able to intertwine the mirrors. Lots of fun. But I like the one about parking in front and behind the local idiot and wait for them to blow up. In the years past, my wife and I would go down to the local boat ramp and watch these guys launch or in most cases, sink their boats. Makes no difference, coming in or going out, it's a RIOT!!!!!