Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Packing heat in your car

DonTom

Re: Packing heat in your car

[size=10pt]"That is called an unconcealed weapon, which in most states is perfectly legal."

I bet it ain't legal in Seattle. What's legal in the state might not be legal in many towns, even in the same state.

"I do know that some states are real butts when it comes to guns. Even with a permit, you can get into a wrath of crap IF you don't abide by the laws concerning a concealed gun permit, even from one state to another."

It's not worth the hassle to try to keep up with all the laws WRT guns. Don't pack heat and then you won't have to worry about any of it.

Even during a serious violent crime, I am not convinced it's best to have a gun. IMO, it just gives a sense of false security and may even increase the odds of being killed. The scumbags usually have their guns out first and most of them are only after money, not to kill people.

-Don-

Got that right, I still have mine, all locked up, and the keys hid. Most law officials will tell you that most people killed were killed by their own guns. I don't have any rugrats or teenagers running around, but a lot of people still do. 8)

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

" Most law officials will tell you that most people killed were killed by their own guns. "

That's a tired old bit of anti-gun propaganda.

What these same people also almost never tell you is how many people successfully ward off an attacker/intruder with a gun each year. The number is enormous.

DonTom

"Got that right, I still have mine, all locked up, and the keys hid. Most law officials will tell you that most people killed were killed by their own guns. I don't have any rugrats or teenagers running around, but a lot of people still do. Cool"

I own about 50 guns myself. All locked up in a floor mounted gun safe but no key required. Combination lock, recorded internet cameras (inside and outside house) and monitored house alarm for security.

I certainly ain't no gun control nut and it's fine with me if Eric packs a gun.

But I never felt like taking a gun with me for protection while in the USA. By the odds, there are many more things to worry about. For an example, coming back from my Reno home last night, there was a 45 minute wait from an auto accident. The type where it's impossible for there to be any survivors from the car. When we got to the accident scene, we saw a car on top of a flat bed tow truck. Looks like it was ran over by an 18 wheeler and I assume that's exactly what happened. IOW, it makes more sense to worry about driving safer than to pack heat.

-Don-

"I own about 50 guns myself. "

Crikey! You must be a "gun nut"! ;D

DonTom

"You must be a "gun nut""

Most of them were purchased by Tom. He was once a serious collector of guns (25 to 30 years ago). But he moved on to smaller stuff such as old Rolex watches.

-Don-

Quote Originally Posted by DonTom
    "You must be a "gun nut""

Most of them were purchased by Tom. He was once a serious collector of guns (25 to 30 years ago). But he moved on to smaller stuff such as old Rolex watches.

-Don-
    Sounds like a pretty serious collection; anything unusual/especially interesting?

My guns are mostly "work guns" - inexpensive but durable/reliable and suited to my needs. I have the following:

* Springfield Arms .22 collapsible survival rifle
    * Mossberg "Persuader" 12 gauge shotgun with pistol grips
    * SKS rifle in 7.62x39

* Smith & Wesson "hammerless" .38 special
    * Taurus Millennium .45 ACP

I am thinking seriously about a new Sig P220 or P250, also in .45 ACP, as my "carry" gun. I have read (and been told) a lot of good things about this pistol; it's apparently a very nice piece - and extremely accurate right out of the box.

??? Just listening to the police scanner this afternoon, where a Stater pulled over a couple of Harley Boys. After turning an ear toward the box, I heard that one had a felony arrest out, was carrying, and had some other stuff on him. The other was also had a laundry list of "outstanding" invitations plus a weapon. So I would think that no mater where you live, or how you live it, you just don't know who is in the next lane beside you.

DonTom

"Sounds like a pretty serious collection; anything unusual/especially interesting? "

Here's part of it. There's still a few missing from this report as this computer I am using at "work" is not fully up to date.

-Don-

Quote Originally Posted by J. ZIMM
    ??? Just listening to the police scanner this afternoon, where a Stater pulled over a couple of Harley Boys. After turning an ear toward the box, I heard that one had a felony arrest out, was carrying, and had some other stuff on him. The other was also had a laundry list of "outstanding" invitations plus a weapon. So I would think that no mater where you live, or how you live it, you just don't know who is in the next lane beside you.
    Exactly. We live in weird times; the possibility of random - and disproportionate - violence is plenty good reason to carry a gun. Especially women; especially those who have to travel alone and at night.

Wow... good bit of money tied up there!