Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WILL DRIVERS TRADE PRIVACY FOR DISCOUNTS?

TC

WILL DRIVERS TRADE PRIVACY FOR DISCOUNTS?

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: WILL DRIVERS TRADE PRIVACY FOR DISCOUNTS?

You just made my day.

I never thought I'd say this, but I am beginning to think seriously about leaving this country. Things are spinning completely out of control.

You won't see me signing up for that service.

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

Me neither. I would rather walk than put that device in my cars.

Getting back to the main question, I know too many people that would trade their freedom and liberties for a cheese burger and a beer. >

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    You just made my day.

I never thought I'd say this, but I am beginning to think seriously about leaving this country. Things are spinning completely out of control.

However where would you move to? Everywhere things are getting bad, there's no escape unless you buy your own pacific island.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    You just made my day.

However where would you move to? Everywhere things are getting bad, there's no escape unless you buy your own pacific island.
    You're right...

There's Switzerland (at least, they don't want an empire - or a police state - and they don't have a tidal wave of Terd Werlders inundating their country).

And Australia. It is a huge country - a continent - that is still very sparsely populated. A man could easily disappear there I think....

You're right...

There's Switzerland (at least, they don't want an empire - or a police state - and they don't have a tidal wave of Terd Werlders inundating their country).
    Switzerland is deteriorating at a fast rate. Their right to own firearms is under attack by their government. It's only a matter of time before they are enslaved as bad as the other European countries.

And Australia. It is a huge country - a continent - that is still very sparsely populated. A man could easily disappear there I think....
    Problem with Australia is the right to bear arms is becoming almost nonexistent there and they have all sorts of limits put on free speech. It's not the Australia of 20 years ago. And even if you could escape to the Outback and disappear you will probably never get into the country. Getting a permanent Visa to live in Australia is almost impossible to get for an American.

As a side note the Austrialian government shot and killed in cold blood a few years back the real Crocodile Dundee. Austrialia is no bastion of freedom.

You're right...

Switzerland is deteriorating at a fast rate. Their right to own firearms is under attack by their government. It's only a matter of time before they are enslaved as bad as the other European countries.

Problem with Australia is the right to bear arms is becoming almost nonexistent there and they have all sorts of limits put on free speech. It's not the Australia of 20 years ago. And even if you could escape to the Outback and disappear you will probably never get into the country. Getting a permanent Visa to live in Australia is almost impossible to get for an American.

As a side note the Austrialian government shot and killed in cold blood a few years back the real Crocodile Dundee. Austrialia is no bastion of freedom.
    I won't argue - but arguably,both places are better than here. This country is becoming a Wal-Mart-ized wasteland of consumerist dreck, drooling ignorance and militarism.

There are, however, a few places one could retreat to - such as Idaho or Montana....

I won't argue - but arguably,both places are better than here. This country is becoming a Wal-Mart-ized wasteland of consumerist dreck, drooling ignorance and militarism.

There are, however, a few places one could retreat to - such as Idaho or Montana....
    Vermont is probably the best state in my opinion to go to, it's the least populated and just like the old days in most states, you can still carry a gun in Vermont without a conceal to carry permit. You can't do that in either Idaho or Montana. Vermont is the most 2nd amendment friendly state and it's also one of the safest states to live in. Makes me proud my family going back many generations came from Vermont. My great grandfather was a Vermont state assemblyman along with being a gentleman farmer.

Vermont is probably the best state in my opinion to go to, it's the least populated and just like the old days in most states, you can still carry a gun in Vermont without a conceal to carry permit. You can't do that in either Idaho or Montana. Vermont is the most 2nd amendment friendly state and it's also one of the safest states to live in. Makes me proud my family going back many generations came from Vermont. My great grandfather was a Vermont state assemblyman along with being a gentleman farmer.
    That's an idea....

Though I bet it's pricey....

In Idaho, if you had $400,000 or so to spend, you could buy 100-plus acres and a nice house, too. Wonder how far the ame money would go in VT?

That's an idea....

Though I bet it's pricey....

In Idaho, if you had $400,000 or so to spend, you could buy 100-plus acres and a nice house, too. Wonder how far the ame money would go in VT?
    Obviously not as far as in Idaho. Prices in some areas of Vermont are still reasonable, but other areas New Yorkers have run up the prices.

Vermont, or New Hampshire?

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

Quote Originally Posted by chiph
    Vermont, or New Hampshire?

Chip H.
    Ever seen the movie Baby Boom with Diane Keaton? http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0092605/

In the movie she's a New Yorker who buys a Vermont farm house and moves there to raise a baby she inherited from a relative. There are some other New Yorkers who have either moved from New York to Vermont or own weekend homes in Vermont (usually these homes are old farm houses like in the movie).

New Hampshire is a different animal, New Hampshire is more conservative in more areas than Vermont, however Vermont is more pro second amendment than New Hampshire. Most of the population growth in New Hampshire is from people moving out from the Boston area. In fact most are trying to escape the high taxes of the Massachusetts. Both Vermont and New Hampshire do have reputations for being independent with their residents wanting to be left alone. You don't move to Vermont or New Hampshire unless you want to get away from the gridlock, sprawl, etc. of modern society.

I have a tough time seeing Vermont being more pro-2nd than New Hampshire. My impression is that Vermont is somewhat granola.

Chip H.

Quote Originally Posted by chiph
    I have a tough time seeing Vermont being more pro-2nd than New Hampshire. My impression is that Vermont is somewhat granola.

Chip H.
    Vermont tends to be liberal in idealogy but most state elected officials and citizens are pro second amendment. The reason being is that Vermont is a rural state where every citizen knows how to use a firearm.

As for having a tough time believing. If you own a gun and holster it (or conceal it) with no permit in New Hampshire you will be arrested. In Vermont you can do the same and you will not be arrested.

Vermont is the only state that allows you to carry a firearm without a permit. Alaska does too but they still retain a shall issue permit process for reciprocity were allowed.

Staff

Concealed carry permits are facist Republican big government dribble. I want to yak every time I hear some drawl braying moron talk about how great it is that their state has one.

Staff

If enough of us moved to VT, we could get their speed limit raised to 75 mph. I guess I could learn to milk cows or tap maple trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry
    Concealed carry permits are facist Republican big government dribble. I want to yak every time I hear some drawl braying moron talk about how great it is that their state has one.
    I agree.

I didn't get one for the longest time - because as far as I am concerned, a (supposedly) free man in a (supposedly) free society has the right to possess arms for self-defense and does not need permission from the state to do so.

Self-defense is not a privilege.

However, I decided to get the CWP for the simple, practical reason that I was exposing myself to a felony charge merely for having a handgun with me in my own damn car - if it got discovered during a traffic stop. It's insane that such a thing is even an "offense" - let alone that a perfectly peaceful citizen neither harming nor threatening to harm anyone (other than perhaps someone who might attack him first) can be arrested, charged, convicted - and thrown into prison - merely for possessing a "concealed" handgun (in his own car!) without the official government permit.

But it is the reality.

And since things have gotten to the point in this country that I prefer to "carry" more often than I ever used to, I decided that obtaining the CWP was essential, even though I absolutely agree that it's noxious in the extreme we have to beg for permission to do what we have every right to do as supposedly free men.

The other thing is that the more of us who have CWP permits, the harder it will be for the state to restrict concealed carry in the future. If my experience is any indication, the number of people obtaining CWP permits is expanding massively. There were more than double the number of people attending the state mandated NRA pistol course I attended, for example - everyone from older ladies to guys like me to fathers with their daughters.

It was a great and beautiful thing!

If you don't yet have a permit (and your state allows them) I urge you to get one.

If enough of us moved to VT, we could get their speed limit raised to 75 mph. I guess I could learn to milk cows or tap maple trees.
    I wonder.

The Yankee attitude is, frankly, what got us to where we are today. The last vestiges of the American mindset are mostly confined to the rural South and West.....

Staff

I wonder.

The Yankee attitude is, frankly, what got us to where we are today. The last vestiges of the American mindset are mostly confined to the rural South and West.....
    But... we could quickly overpower a state the size of VT. Unfortunately, the rural south isn't what it used to be.

I wouldn't go near the state of NH, however. That state is liberal if you ask me. The so-called conservatives are largely phonies.