Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin has achieved one thing....

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Sarah Palin has achieved one thing....

She has managed to get the entire country talking about her rather than the disaster of the past seven years - and the fact that a McSame presidency would be an affirmation of those seven years and a sure promise of "four more years."

It was a brilliant move.

The GOP Kool Aid drinkers are a-twitter because they think Palin's a conservative (because she talks gawd talk, luvs the flag and praises fambuhly values) but are too addled to grasp that no one gets to the top of the GOP foodchain (let alone elected to high office) without being utterly beholden to the corporate-special interests that own and rule the country. They're too small-minded, as well, to grasp that Big Government is just as dangerous when used to promote their values as it is when its used to promote liberal ones. They have utterly forgotten that Big Government is bad - period.

The Dems., meanwhile, are too egg-headed to realize how much Palin's BS conservative Happy Talk sells to the Wal-Mart shopping fundie breeder types who comprise the nucleus of the GOP. Simple minded appeals to gawd and country work. Guys like Odumbo can't believe people are that dumb. They are.

Which is why he will likely lose the election.

Not that it matters. Whether it's McSame or Odumbo, the Government Party always wins.

Staff

Re: Sarah Palin has achieved one thing....

Yeah. The Dumbocrats are going to lose this presidential contest because they failed to articulate a platform and stand on it. They are all over the place on issues like eavesdropping, wiretapping and other civil liberties issues. While some are good on the issues of trade (Byran Dorgan, Sherrod Brown, Dennis Kuchinich), others are either rabid free traders are fence sitters like Odumbo and Shilliary who play that tune to Union audiences only.

That conservative happy talk is frankly nauseating. Kinda like lipstick on a garbage pail.

"That conservative happy talk is frankly nauseating. Kinda like lipstick on a garbage pail."

Drives me nuts.

What happened to the conservative movement? It used to care about limited government; about keeping the state out of our lives and leaving us in peace. Now it's all about "protecting the unborn," gay-bashing, gawd-talking and "troop" worshipping. These people want Big Government - so long as it promotes fambuhly values and their religion. They love the empire - and don't mind a police state - so long as it is their police state. At core, they share the same psychological love of "leaders" that used to be a characteristic of leftie liberals.

They don't want freedom. If they did, Ron Paul would be on the ticket.

Not McSame. Or that cracker Barbie Doll Sarah Palin.

Staff

Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel
    Is that Palin's daughter?

In 2000 a substantial minority of American voters and a majority of Supreme Court justices took a chance on an intellectually deficient, superficially personable, vindictive, corrupt, fiscally incompetent, anti-scientific religious fundamentalist. We and the rest of the world are paying, and will continue to pay, a high price for the resultant misfeasance, malfeasance and nonfeasance. The stakes are higher this time around, coming on the heels of eight years of disaster. The polls say 70- 80 percent of voters believe the country is going in the wrong direction, yet about half of them are planning to vote for the Chimponian McSame and Putrid Palin, who have the same characteristics and advocate policies virtually identicalto the ones who have brought us to ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry

Is that Palin's daughter?
    No, it's Palin herself, at one of the six colleges she attended.

Colleen wrote;
    Personally, I wish Ronald Reagan could have talked the Soviets into being nicer, instead of having to spend all that money. Only experience makes me skeptical about that "kinder and gentler" approach and the vision behind it.
    The velvet glove approach can work, but usually only if there is a very solid iron fist inside it.

Ken.

Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    In 2000 a substantial minority of American voters and a majority of Supreme Court justices took a chance on an intellectually deficient, superficially personable, vindictive, corrupt, fiscally incompetent, anti-scientific religious fundamentalist. We and the rest of the world are paying, and will continue to pay, a high price for the resultant misfeasance, malfeasance and nonfeasance. The stakes are higher this time around, coming on the heels of eight years of disaster. The polls say 70- 80 percent of voters believe the country is going in the wrong direction, yet about half of them are planning to vote for the Chimponian McSame and Putrid Palin, who have the same characteristics and advocate policies virtually identicalto the ones who have brought us to ruin.
    "Yeah, but she's hot"...

"Yeah, but she's hot"...

Is she?

I don't see it. She looks very average to me; another middle aged hausfrau.....

"Yeah, but she's hot"...

Is she?

I agree. It was in quotes. It seems to be one of the latest mantras of her fanboys. But then they also say that about Ann Coulter and Katherine Harris.

"Yeah, but she's hot"...

Is she?

I agree. It was in quotes. It seems to be one of the latest mantras of her fanboys. But then they also say that about Ann Coulter and Katherine Harris.
    Yeah.

It's the best they can come up with, apparently. But the gawd goons out there will stomp and cheer - and vote for her (and him) - nonetheless.

Staff

"Yeah, but she's hot"...

Is she?

Katherine Hariss looks like she ran into a parked semi.

Ann Coulter is a closet case touched in the head.

Sarah Palin is the sanest and nicest looking of that bunch. Hot she isn't, though.

Katherine Harris looks like Cruella Deville.

gail

"Yeah, but she's hot"...

Is she?

What kind of women do you guys like?

Katherine Hariss looks like she ran into a parked semi.

Ann Coulter is a closet case touched in the head.

Sarah Palin is the sanest and nicest looking of that bunch. Hot she isn't, though.

gail

Yeah. The Dumbocrats are going to lose this presidential contest because they failed to articulate a platform and stand on it. They are all over the place on issues like eavesdropping, wiretapping and other civil liberties issues. While some are good on the issues of trade (Byran Dorgan, Sherrod Brown, Dennis Kuchinich), others are either rabid free traders are fence sitters like Odumbo and Shilliary who play that tune to Union audiences only.

That conservative happy talk is frankly nauseating. Kinda like lipstick on a garbage pail.
    Well, if we have two pigs standing side by side - I'll take the one wearing the lipstick, thank you!

You guys don't get it, do you? I got the same mentality when I went to Washington, even among some of the NMA people. Even after I accomplished what I did, there are still those that say 'I rode the crest of the wave,' only a few recognized what I had done. One person wrote to say that it would take years for the government to catch up. Well, I say this for Sarah Palin - she is different, and it will take years for the government to know what hit them.

Vote McCain/Palin for the real change!

gail

Read this for achievements:

Don't dismiss the fact that Sarah Palin is Commander of the Alaska National Guard-- consider this.

Alaska is the first line of defense in our missile interceptor defense system. The 49th Missile Defense Battalion of the Alaska National Guard is the unit that protects the entire nation from ballistic missile attacks. It's on permanent active duty, unlike other Guard units.

As governor of Alaska , Palin is briefed on highly classified military issues, homeland security, and counterterrorism. Her exposure to classified material may rival even Biden's and certainly by far exceeds Obama's.

She's also the commander in chief of the Alaska State Defense Force (ASDF), a federally recognized militia incorporated into Homeland Security's counterterrorism plans.

Palin is privy to military and intelligence secrets that are vital to the entire country's defense. Given Alaska 's proximity to Russia , she may have security clearances we don't even know about.

According to the Washington Post, she first met with McCain in February, but nobody ever found out. This is a woman used to keeping secrets.

She can be entrusted with our national security, because she already is.

================================================== ===========
    As Governor, Sarah has helped devise and push through a project for the largest natural gas line in the history of the US...taking on entrenched politicians (on both sides of the aisle), lobby groups, and large corporations in the process. Her involvement with, and her understanding of, the Energy issue is unmatched by either Democratic candidate.

Beyond all of this, there is also a part of Sarah Palin that most hard working, patriotic, and committed Americans are coming to adore about her. She is real. She is authentic. Not only has she stood up to corrupt politics and the old networks that have produced so much waste, fraud, and 'bridges to nowhere', she is also a regular person, and authentic all-American girl, wife, mother, and citizen.
    She has actually walked the walk of reform and change instead of just talking about it.
    She does not come from privilege, did not aspire to it, or become placed in it. She did not attend the Ivy League or prestigious schools. She has gotten to where she is by pure honesty, integrity, and strength of character and has been raising five kids and enjoying life while doing so.

All of this drives the leftist and anti-American crowd mad. Sarah Palin is the real deal. Young, refreshing, committed wife, mother, American citizen. She is the real deal when it comes to the change that is so much needed in American politics, particularly in Washington. John McCain must be congratulated for vetting her, seeing this, and putting her on the national stage.
    She represents in fact, and in her own actions, what so many others (including Obama and the entrenched Biden) only talk about, and then go on with business as usual.
    Obama, in his own actions and positions as a State Senator (voted merely present so many time in the State Senate, but voted no defending the Born Alive Abortion Protection Act there), in his own actions and positions as a US Senator (spent only 144 days on the job before beginning his campaign for the President, but in those short days was recognized as the Senator with the furthest left record), and particularly in his own willful associations of long standing with hateful, racists individuals like Jeremiah Wright (who preached 'Not God bless American, No, No, No, God Damn America!) to Obama and his children, and with the likes of Bill Ayers, the unrepentant, arrogant, and militantly anti-American political connection where Obama kicked off his own political career, who bombed the US Pentagon, the US Capitol, and NY City Police Headquarters and then claimed in an interview published on 911 that his only regret was that he had not done enough...no with such actions and such associations (not to mention TOni Rezco, Pleger, and others), Obama has proven that his change is precisely the type we do not want or need in Washington.

gail

Aint that special!