Thread: A ride in the hot rod

A ride in the hot rod

We went out to a couple of car shows yesterday. This is a video leaving our garage and getting almost down to the highway.

This is a 1923 Model T Touring Car. Chevy 350 engine, TH350 transmission, Ford 8-inch rear.

We got second place in our class at the judged show. That would be lot more impressive if you didn't know there were only two entries in our class.

Re: A ride in the hot rod

mrblanche,

You are a lucky man! ;D

That's one nice hot rod. The Chevy 350 sounds real nice (so nice you don't need a radio). What exhaust system do you have on it?

And it looks like a blast to drive. I image you get a lot of looks, stares, thumbs ups, etc.

MikeHalloran

Nice ride. Thanks for letting us go along.

Cool, Mike!

Thanks for posting it.

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

A photo. It should answer virtually every question you can have. Unlike a lot of the guys at such a show, we let the kids climb in.

My friend Tim Taylor's car is right behind me. It's even more of a driver than mine, but brutally fast.

The doctor who birthed me has a son named Tim Taylor. Don't suppose it's the same one. I think he turned out to be an architect.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by mrblanche
    A photo. It should answer virtually every question you can have. Unlike a lot of the guys at such a show, we let the kids climb in.
    That is exceedingly kind of you.
    Just look at that little boy trying to get his hands on the steering wheel.

My friend Tim Taylor's car is right behind me. It's even more of a driver than mine, but brutally fast.

The Model T touring car had a lot of passenger space like a 1970s full-size American car of course no real luggage space (however back in 1923 people did not take long trips).

Looks like the kids had a blast.

No wonder the exhaust sounded so good, it's headers going into straight side pipes.

It's good to see ol' Rods making the younger generation smile as well. We have some over here as well. One of the best puttogethers, is right in our own back yard. We have this guy down the street, who likes to gather things. Most people would call him a 'junk man'. To him, it's stuff. A while back, he aquired an old '23 Dodge body and radiator shell. No frame, engine, or any of the things a person would think be needed to build something. He started building last summer. He built his own frame using 2x4 tubing. He had an old Ford 300 CI engine, a 9 inch Ford rear end, a 3+1 tranny, and a bunch of old metal school desks. He also had a front axle from an early Ford Econoline. When he got to the piont of being able to drive it, he was in tall cotten. He ended up painting it a bright Orange. He stoped over here at the my shop one day, looking for a Mopar Penta Star. I thought I had one, but it must be on someone elses project. The only thing I had was an "Eagle" that I bought at a garage sale a few year back. I thought it was only fitting that he should have it on his car. He was like a kid with a new toy. The next time I saw him, which was about 30 minutes later, he had it where the radiator cap should have been. During the summer this year, he took it to its first car show. He came back with a "BEST OF SHOW". Man, what a way to end a summer. Every now and then,I see him going down the road, dust a-flyin', and a big grin on his face. Shucks he biult it to drive and enjoy. And by golly, hes doing just that. Way to go MIKE!!! ;D

Thank heaven there is still one branch of automotion that the Elf 'N Saayyfftteeeee lot haven't got their sticky little fingers into. Lovely vehicle!

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.