Thread: Militarized cops - interesting interview

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Militarized cops - interesting interview

Caught this on Lew Rockwell's site:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/podcast/?...rized_cops.mp3

Staff

Re: Militarized cops - interesting interview

This is yet another downright scary news item. I have found cops to be robot drones for a long time and that "discretion" is nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry
    This is yet another downright scary news item. I have found cops to be robot drones for a long time and that "discretion" is nonexistent.
    Ditto.

The point about peace officers vs. enforcers/occupiers was especially apt. I believe much of this is due to a self-perpetuating loop, by which I mean most people who are reasonable/decent by nature would be troubled by doing the kind of "work" many police departments do today. So the system attracts thugs, and cynical low-grade types who just don't care or can't be bothered to think for themselves.

The military, too, is increasingly composed of the violent, no-future underclass. The "economic draft" we have is creating an army that's got little in common with the general civilian population - especially the middle class population.

It's frightening where we're at - and where we seem to be headed. An it has changed so fast. The free-fall toward a full-blown police state continues to pick up speed....

Hell, they screen for it. There was a news item recently where someone raised a stink because applicants for the police were being rejected for scoring too well on the exam, or for having too high an IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel
    Hell, they screen for it. There was a news item recently where someone raised a stink because applicants for the police were being rejected for scoring too well on the exam, or for having too high an IQ.
    I would not be surprised.

There was a time when I liked and respected cops. Today I am wary of them - and consider them a threat to be avoided, not protectors of public safety.

A vignette for you:

My dad - a retired doctor in his 70s - was pulled over by PA state police for "wandering" (his vision's not great; he drives slowly, unlike me!). So, older white guy in a late model car; pulled over for "wandering." Dad's a quiet, soft-spoken guy. Not argumentative or confrontational. He did not do or say anything unusual.

Anyhow, these cops "ask" if it's ok to have drug-sniffing dogs walk around the car. Like most people in this situation, my dad agreed - being flustered/intimidated by the presence of an armed cop and a cop car with its lights flashing in his eyes. Now, my dad has never touched drugs; he hardly even drinks. He hasn't gotten a ticket for speeding in 30 years. A retired doctor in his 70s.

And they make him (because "asking" is bullshit; if he'd said no, they probably would have arrested him and impounded his vehicle on some trumped up charge) submit to a search of his vehicle for "illegal drugs."

Of course, they didn't find a thing - and eventually let him go. He was very shaken up by the experience.

Rotten bastards. I hope the next guy they pulled over was a thug with an AK-47... and good aim.

Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Eric

There was a time when I liked and respected cops. Today I am wary of them - and consider them a threat to be avoided, not protectors of public safety.

A vignette for you:

My dad - a retired doctor in his 70s - was pulled over by PA state police for "wandering" (his vision's not great; he drives slowly, unlike me!). So, older white guy in a late model car; pulled over for "wandering." Dad's a quiet, soft-spoken guy. Not argumentative or confrontational. He did not do or say anything unusual.

Anyhow, these cops "ask" if it's ok to have drug-sniffing dogs walk around the car. Like most people in this situation, my dad agreed - being flustered/intimidated by the presence of an armed cop and a cop car with its lights flashing in his eyes. Now, my dad has never touched drugs; he hardly even drinks. He hasn't gotten a ticket for speeding in 30 years. A retired doctor in his 70s.

And they make him (because "asking" is bullshit; if he'd said no, they probably would have arrested him and impounded his vehicle on some trumped up charge) submit to a search of his vehicle for "illegal drugs."

Of course, they didn't find a thing - and eventually let him go. He was very shaken up by the experience.

Rotten bastards. I hope the next guy they pulled over was a thug with an AK-47... and good aim.
    Agreed. I was sujbect to the same type of thing in South Carolina. I was pulled over for doing about 78 in a 65 mph zone on I-85. (this was before they raised it to 70). Of course, the car I was driving at the time had a broken windshield, a dealer plate, and a busted headlight. They thought I was a drug dealer or something. At first, I told them that they absolutely could not search my car and that that the constitution protects me from unreasonable searches and seizures. They huddled together (the two cops) and then told me that they could throw me in jail for the various problems with the car. Because I had to get back to work the next day and was under duress, I decided to let them search the vehicle. While at the side of the road, I was getting a little nervous mainly due to time. One cop said to me that I ought to take medication for my nervousness. I told him that I would seek a doctors opinion, thank you very much.

At the end, the cops found nothing and were visibly pissed that they wasted their time on me... plus... I didn't get a ticket!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric

A vignette for you:

Agreed. I was sujbect to the same type of thing in South Carolina. I was pulled over for doing about 78 in a 65 mph zone on I-85. (this was before they raised it to 70). Of course, the car I was driving at the time had a broken windshield, a dealer plate, and a busted headlight. They thought I was a drug dealer or something. At first, I told them that they absolutely could not search my car and that that the constitution protects me from unreasonable searches and seizures. They huddled together (the two cops) and then told me that they could throw me in jail for the various problems with the car. Because I had to get back to work the next day and was under duress, I decided to let them search the vehicle. While at the side of the road, I was getting a little nervous mainly due to time. One cop said to me that I ought to take medication for my nervousness. I told him that I would seek a doctors opinion, thank you very much.

At the end, the cops found nothing and were visibly pissed that they wasted their time on me... plus... I didn't get a ticket!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
    You're lucky. So was my Dad.

The mentality of duly-appointed thugs like this is such that I doubt they'd have any moral qualms about planting something in your car. That way, they can confiscate your vehicle as well as arrest you.

Staff

I have read that if a cop asks you to get out of the car, you should lock the doors. If they ask you why you locked your vehicle tell them that you always lock your vehicle when you get out of it. Tell them they do not have permission to search the vehicle and be prepared to sit at the side of the road. If they had just written me a speeding ticket, those damned bastards would not have had permission to search the car. Since things were a little out of order with respect to my insurance and the registration (dealer plate), I changed my mind. Maybe sending them on a wild goose chase around the car made them forget about writing me a ticket.

I still think its a despicable practice practiced by despicable people.

Do I feel lucky? No. If I was lucky that stop wouldn't have taken place at all.