Thread: Phone numbers for Emergency Services use.

Phone numbers for Emergency Services use.

This article was sent to me my my bro. Simple as the idea is I think it has a lot of merit - but see also my comments at the bottom of this post.

Ken.

ICE - 'In Case of Emergency'

We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends.

If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this 'ICE' (In Case of Emergency) Campaign
    The concept of 'ICE' is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell(mobile) phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name 'ICE' ( In Case Of Emergency).
    The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as 'ICE.'
    For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. A great idea that will make a difference!

My method is almost identical but actually identifies the contact. In your phone 'address book' have an identifiable entry for people you would wish them to contact, e.g. 'ICE Wife', 'ICE Husband', 'ICE Brother', etc. dependant upon the number of permissible characters some abbreviation may be needed e.g 'ICE Hsbnd', 'ICE Bro'. Until the idea catches on a small sticker on the phone could carry the legend 'ICE = Emergency contact number'.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Re: Phone numbers for Emergency Services use.

I have a couple of ICE's in both my mobiles.
    May there never be cause to use them
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

Re: Phone numbers for Emergency Services use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwozzie1
    I have a couple of ICE's in both my mobiles.
    May there never be cause to use them
    Amen.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.