Thread: Latest vacuous statements by Palin

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Latest vacuous statements by Palin

Here is part of an interview conducted by Katie Couric during which the subject of Palin's foreign policy experience came up:

COURIC: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?

PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land-- boundary that we have with-- Canada. It-- it's funny that a comment like that was-- kind of made to-- cari-- I don't know, you know? Reporters--

COURIC: Mock?

PALIN: Yeah, mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah.

COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials.

PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our-- our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They're in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia--

COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We-- we do-- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where-- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is-- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to-- to our state.

Ready to lead on Day One! A "quick study" Praise be! She's our Sarah.... with an IQ just as low!

gail

Re: Latest vacuous statements by Palin

And I can see Russia from my house. Sarah Palin.

She is smarter than me. I lived on Adak an island two-thirds of the way out on the Aleutian and never knew that Russia was just over the water. Fancy that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by gail

She is smarter than me. I lived on Adak an island two-thirds of the way out on the Aleutian and never knew that Russia was just over the water. Fancy that. :P
    The woman's a ditz who doesn't even realize she's a ditz.... very much like The Chimp. Both are unashamed of their ignorance; hell, they're proud of it.

gail

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by gail

The woman's a ditz who doesn't even realize she's a ditz.... very much like The Chimp. Both are unashamed of their ignorance; hell, they're proud of it.
    Me too. Proud of it, that is. After all, who wants to be sophomoric arse. Personally, I'm delighted to see modesty, dignity and true femininity returning to the American culture. I am already debating if I should dye my hair a chestnut brown. Hm-mm - I already have 5 pairs of glasses to coordinate with my simple and modest dresses/skirts. They have a saying in the car business, no, not lipstick - "If you can't convince them with facts, dazzle them with bullsh*t." ;D

"Personally, I'm delighted to see modesty, dignity and true femininity returning to the American culture."

Yet you ignore her overt lying and combination of Dan Quayle-esque vacuity with Chimponian arrogance!