Thread: Bailout or Extortion

ColleenC2

Bailout or Extortion

Let's call a spade a spade and see who is really responsible for this extortion of the American Taxpayers.

Their is enough blame to be spread out but just because the events fall during the term of a President does not mean that the wheels were not set in motion years ago and even if the wheels were set in motion WHO is responsible for sounding the "bells and whistles" in an attempt to stop this extortion.

Now before I start naming names and given support data, I must say, I am sick to my stomach, that feeling that you get when you are first schocked, then angry then realize that nothing you do or could do can stop this extortion of the taxpayers, that nobody seems or is willing to stop something so horrific that one truly has to watch in horror as "dumb, dumber, dumbiest, "dumbier"" and dumbo continue.

Now many of you say that you feel this way about President Bush and his cronies, although I don't share your sentiments regarding the decision to go to war in Iraq, or the vile said about the President as a human being. But for the first time, I think I understand your feelings and why the anger and all the vile contempt.

However, my feelings go far beyond this President, starting back in 1999 when President Clinton signed a bill that repealed the Glass-Steagall Act implemented by Roosevelt that protected the American people from another collapse of the banking and financial institution.

To Barney Frank, Financial services Committe Chairman. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122091796187012529.html

To Chris Dodd: Chairman of the Senate Banking Committe:http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008...-of-fanni.html

The entire Congress who allowed these laws to be changed, who allowed members of the House and Senate to obtain millions from their practices and being paid for their votes

To the President who didn't scream louder and longer about the impending financial collaspe.

John McCain was not one of those people, he was shut down by Barney Frank and Senator Dodd when he many times stood up on the floor and raised his objections, Barney Frank told him that he was tired of being told "the sky was falling"! check out barney frank and the sky is falling.

And now we are watching idiots in the House and Senate draft a bill that is supposed to get us out of this mess, when they are the ones who got us into this mess in the first place. Something is really wrong when we the American people allow the foxes to guard the hen houses.

It seems to me that it is just about time to have another Boston Tea Party.

ColleenC2

Re: Bailout or Extortion

sorry I had to correct my post as some paragraphs were duplicated? what's up with that?