Thread: A new place to discuss firearms and related issues!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

A new place to discuss firearms and related issues!

Ok, so this is a car site; why a board devoted to guns? Simple! Many people (including me) who are into cars, or bikes - or both - are also interested in firearms. And, many of the issues we are very much interested in overlap. For example, the right to armed self-defense is not really all that much different from the right to travel freely. Should we be required to ask permission to carry a weapon? Should we have to "buckle up for safety"?

Etc.

Anyhow, I deeeecided (in my role as The Decider here) to create a corner where people who are into guns - or just have a question about guns - can discuss them without having to surf to a different site! We'll see how it goes....

Re: A new place to discuss firearms and related issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Ok, so this is a car site; why a board devoted to guns? Simple! Many people (including me) who are into cars, or bikes - or both - are also interested in firearms. And, many of the issues we are very much interested in overlap. For example, the right to armed self-defense is not really all that much different from the right to travel freely. Should we be required to ask permission to carry a weapon? Should we have to "buckle up for safety"?

Etc.

Anyhow, I deeeecided (in my role as The Decider here) to create a corner where people who are into guns - or just have a question about guns - can discuss them without having to surf to a different site! We'll see how it goes....

OK, now all that is needed is a section devoted to religion and you'll have the principal bases of controversy covered.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: A new place to discuss firearms and related issues!

Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric

Etc.

OK, now all that is needed is a section devoted to religion and you'll have the principal bases of controversy covered.
    Gail has that covered!