Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How to see OZ in style

  1. #1
    Senior Member Kwozzie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    2,072

    How to see OZ in style

    A Japanese dude rides around Australia on a CT110

    http://www.onetenmotorcycles.com.au/

    Click on CT110 Adventures
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

  2. #2
    Senior Member Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,489

    Re: How to see OZ in style

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwozzie1
    A Japanese dude rides around Australia on a CT110

    http://www.onetenmotorcycles.com.au/

    Click on CT110 Adventures
    Quite a unique bike. The CT110, made by Honda exclusively for the Australia Post, only comes on the market as a second hand item after AP sell them on. The bike has a small 105cc four stroke motor and is unusual in that it is a four speed 'clutchless operation' unit with a centrifugal clutch. This aspect made it easier for the postmen delivering the Australia mail. post in the box with the left hand 'twist and go' with the right. Long pasting, rugged and easy to maintain there is a ready market for any that become available.

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Kwozzie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    2,072

    Re: How to see OZ in style

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    [
    Quite a unique bike. The CT110, made by Honda exclusively for the Australia Post, only comes on the market as a second hand item after AP sell them on. The bike has a small 105cc four stroke motor and is unusual in that it is a four speed 'clutchless operation' unit with a centrifugal clutch. This aspect made it easier for the postmen delivering the Australia mail. post in the box with the left hand 'twist and go' with the right. Long pasting, rugged and easy to maintain there is a ready market for any that become available.

    Ken.
    They are still available new in NZ also...mainly as farm bikes.

    They are actually a comforatable little runabout and great for the postie work I do.
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

  4. #4
    Senior Member Kwozzie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    2,072

    Re: How to see OZ in style

    Was just loooking at the OZ Honda site and I see the 110 is still available here but only for farm use privately

    http://www.hondampe.com.au/wps/wcm/c...tural/CT110+AG

    Note: The CT110AG bike is not a Road Registerable Bike and cannot be ridden on the road. Only to be used on private property.

    No wonder people queue to buy them when they are sold by Australia Post......they are road registerable.
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

  5. #5
    Senior Member Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,489

    Re: How to see OZ in style

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwozzie1
    Was just looking at the OZ Honda site and I see the 110 is still available here but only for farm use privately

    http://www.hondampe.com.au/wps/wcm/c...tural/CT110+AG

    Note: The CT110AG bike is not a Road Registerable Bike and cannot be ridden on the road. Only to be used on private property.

    No wonder people queue to buy them when they are sold by Australia Post......they are road registerable.
    Odd that the CT110AG is not registerable as a road bike since the picture, if that is in fact of the AG, seems to show it with all the road accoutrements, front & rear lights, turn indicators and even a spark arrester muffler which, surely, exceeds road requirements.

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Kwozzie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    2,072

    Re: How to see OZ in style

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken

    Odd that the CT110AG is not registerable as a road bike since the picture, if that is in fact of the AG, seems to show it with all the road accoutrements, front & rear lights, turn indicators and even a spark arrester muffler which, surely, exceeds road requirements.

    Ken.
    Yes I found that odd as well. I will ask around. Probably some feeble excuse ...made into law by over zealous bureaucrats.
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

  7. #7
    Senior Member Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,489

    Re: How to see OZ in style

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwozzie1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken

    Odd that the CT110AG is not registerable as a road bike since the picture, if that is in fact of the AG, seems to show it with all the road accoutrements, front & rear lights, turn indicators and even a spark arrester muffler which, surely, exceeds road requirements.

    Ken.
    Yes I found that odd as well. I will ask around. Probably some feeble excuse ...made into law by over zealous bureaucrats.
    A bit of info that may clarify the situation in Australia and New Zealand, Rex, it is to do with its Agricultural Vehicle status.

    [color=green]"As of 2008 the bike is still sold in Australia and New Zealand as an agricultural vehicle. Also as of 2008, Honda's Australia website carries this statement: "The CT110AG bike is not a Road Registerable Bike and cannot be ridden on the road. Only to be used on private property." Honda's New Zealand website lists the bike as "Road registerable."

    The CT110 has a long association with the Australia Post as a mail carrier vehicle, leading to the popular moniker "Postie Bike". Australia Post was still receiving hundreds of new CT110 as recently as 2002."

    Ken.

    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Kwozzie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    2,072

    Re: How to see OZ in style

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken

    A bit of info that may clarify the situation in Australia and New Zealand, Rex, it is to do with its Agricultural Vehicle status.

    [color=green]"As of 2008 the bike is still sold in Australia and New Zealand as an agricultural vehicle. Also as of 2008, Honda's Australia website carries this statement: "The CT110AG bike is not a Road Registerable Bike and cannot be ridden on the road. Only to be used on private property." Honda's New Zealand website lists the bike as "Road registerable."

    The CT110 has a long association with the Australia Post as a mail carrier vehicle, leading to the popular moniker "Postie Bike". Australia Post was still receiving hundreds of new CT110 as recently as 2002."

    Ken.
    The Australia Post delivery centre where I work from received a shipment of 2 new ones recently. They get replaced after about 30,000kms
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

Similar Threads

  1. Classic China style
    By DonTom in forum Classic Car Corner
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 06:28 AM
  2. The US life style has become unsustainable
    By dBrong in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 09:00 AM
  3. Socialism, Republican style!
    By Eric in forum Secession Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 06:37 PM
  4. New style of passenger
    By Kwozzie1 in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 10:38 AM
  5. Xmas Hoff Style
    By Disco Man in forum Video clips
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 07:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •