Thread: Good Luck USA

Good Luck USA

Here's hoping for the change you all seem to want.

As does I believe .....the World ;D
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: Good Luck USA

Quote Originally Posted by Kwozzie1

The GOP is nothing but a nest of statist, authoritarian (and utterly corrupt) cockroaches. No one should be taken in by their gawd-talking, flag-humping "fambuhly values" bullshit. Unless that is what you have come to believe being a conservative is all about.

For my part, I believe being a conservative means being deeply and profoundly opposed to anything that smacks of an authoritarian central government; it means being appalled by such things as a "Patriot" Act and "Homeand Security" rammed down the people's throats by a fear-mongering mean-minded little man of a president; disgusted by a party that endorses assaults on civil liberties worthy of Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin. Repelled by the grotesque spectacle of Republicans who espouse their "personal responsibility" shibboleths for average people, but use the might of the federal government to reward the incompetence and criminal shystering of their Wall Street influence peddling bankster cronies to the tune of billions of dollars... .

Facts:

Republicans have massively increased the size and reach of government - to an extent not seen since FDR in the 1930s. They have enacted vast new federal entitlement programs, from prescription drug benefits to "No Child Left Behind." They have incurred historic debt - which we will pay for in the from of devalued dollars (inflation) whose effect on our finances is no different than a massive tax hike. It's just smarmily hidden from the view of the dough-heads, who do not understand the inflation is as much a tax as anything a "liberal" would pass in the form of a formal law.

There is not one thing "conservative" about the Republican Party - other than its desire to conserve power for itself.

And so I voted for Obama - not because I like him or support his policies. But for hate's sake >, as a means of avenging myself on the GOP and all it has become.

I am keeping my fingers crossed...

Quote Originally Posted by Kwozzie1

People pin all their hopes on a new president -- but they ought to be paying more attention to the congress -- they have more impact on the laws & policies than the president does.

While he can urge legislation be passed, such as during his state of the union speech, he cannot direct that any laws be passed. The closest he can come is executive orders, and there's little doubt that they've been abused over the past few decades.

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Facts:

Republicans have massively increased the size and reach of government - to an extent not seen since FDR in the 1930s. They have enacted vast new federal entitlement programs, from prescription drug benefits to "No Child Left Behind." They have incurred historic debt - which we will pay for in the from of devalued dollars (inflation) whose effect on our finances is no different than a massive tax hike. It's just smarmily hidden from the view of the dough-heads, who do not understand the inflation is as much a tax as anything a "liberal" would pass in the form of a formal law.

There is not one thing "conservative" about the Republican Party - other than its desire to conserve power for itself.

And so I voted for Obama - not because I like him or support his policies. But for hate's sake >, as a means of avenging myself on the GOP and all it has become.

I am keeping my fingers crossed...
    I have a feeeling of elation ...Form radio reports it seems Obama may be home

I have to vote in the next couple of days ....NZ elections....

Need a change over there. Helen Clark has increased bureaucracy boy 10,000 staff.
    Jobs for the mates....Labour does that here in OZ too.
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia