Thread: Threading!

Threading!

Remember the furore when Compuserve (RIP) changed its software & lost 'threading'?

Good news - vBulletin has a threaded display option! At the top right of a thread you'll see a 'display modes' menu; click on hybrid or threaded mode & it will open a box above the first post showing the thread map. I prefer to use hybrid mode, as it allows long threads to be displayed in linear mode simply by clicking onto the first post in the thread - useful if there have been a lot of replies since you last viewed the thread.

Why use threading? It can help make sense of a long thread, particularly if replies have been posted without using the 'quote' facility, which can result in apparently unrelated posts appearing after one another in linear mode.

You can also set your preferred display mode in 'User CP' 'Settings & Options' 'Edit Options'.
    Last edited by Dave Brand; 11-07-2008 at 10:41 AM.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
    Remember the furore when Compuserve (RIP) changed its software & lost 'threading'?

Good news - vBulletin has a threaded display option! At the top right of a thread you'll see a 'display modes' menu; click on hybrid or threaded mode & it will open a box above the first post showing the thread map. I prefer to use hybrid mode, as it allows long threads to be displayed in linear mode simply by clicking onto the first post in the thread - useful if there have been a lot of replies since you last viewed the thread.

Why use threading? It can help make sense of a long thread, particularly if replies have been posted without using the 'quote' facility, which can result in apparently unrelated posts appearing after one another in linear mode.

You can also set your preferred display mode in 'User CP' 'Settings & Options' 'Edit Options'.

We aims to please!

How they did sadly stuff up!

Still rmember my first visit in days of DOS and very slow speeds, plus a long-distance call and around NZD20 per hour!
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

Good news - vBulletin has a threaded display option! At the top right of a thread you'll see a 'display modes' menuYou can also set your preferred display mode in 'User CP' 'Settings & Options' 'Edit Options'.
    Good grief, soon we will have a system nearly as good as the 1993 version, and I will have nothing to complain about!

I had better go and drive my toy train for an hour...