Thread: Driving schools

Question Driving schools

Does anybody know where I can find a driving school to teach performance driving? I'm teaching my niece to drive and I'd like to find a school that will give her performance training. Especially recovery from skids and such. I know they are available but can't seem to find any. All I can find are schools that let you ride along in a stock car. I want her to hands on experience with a skid and how to recover. I'd also like to brush up on my skills too. I can teach the basics but there's no substitute for experience. I'd rather she got it in a controlled environment and not an icy road.

I'm limited on travel time so I'd like to find something in the southern Indiana or western Kentucky area. Driving to Atlanta isn't an option for instance.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    Does anybody know where I can find a driving school to teach performance driving? I'm teaching my niece to drive and I'd like to find a school that will give her performance training. Especially recovery from skids and such. I know they are available but can't seem to find any. All I can find are schools that let you ride along in a stock car. I want her to hands on experience with a skid and how to recover. I'd also like to brush up on my skills too. I can teach the basics but there's no substitute for experience. I'd rather she got it in a controlled environment and not an icy road.

I'm limited on travel time so I'd like to find something in the southern Indiana or western Kentucky area. Driving to Atlanta isn't an option for instance.
    Bondurant is excellent (I have done the program); I have heard the same about Skip Barber - but no direct knowledge.

There are some local/regional ones also. One I know of did a program at Summit Point (W.Va). Let me see if they are still around....

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post

Found it (follow-up to my last post). See this:

http://www.raceindustry.com/index.ht...ledlisting=214