Thread: Illinois Governor

Illinois Governor

In case you haven't heard, he was arrested earlier this week under charges that he attempted to sell Obama's former Senate seat to the highest bidder.

Yesterday, Illinois issued a finance bond for $1.4 billion, and had to add a paragraph regarding the arrest.

http://paul.kedrosky.com/archives/20...is_and_th.html

Yeah, that's going to help you sell your bonds. Your governor is going to Joliet for wire fraud.

Chip H.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post
    In case you haven't heard, he was arrested earlier this week under charges that he attempted to sell Obama's former Senate seat to the highest bidder.

Yesterday, Illinois issued a finance bond for $1.4 billion, and had to add a paragraph regarding the arrest.

http://paul.kedrosky.com/archives/20...is_and_th.html

Yeah, that's going to help you sell your bonds. Your governor is going to Joliet for wire fraud.

Chip H.
    This guy is a scumbag that makes scumbags look bad!

And he has the balls to refuse to resign, too!

It's helpful, though, in that it gives the average person a clear window into the depravity and corruption of our government.

Staff
    I am so happy to see that bastard with his balls in a vice. This guy has raped the citizens of Illinois for 8 years too long.

He:

1. Refused to raise the speed limit for trucks to 65 mph.
    2. Takes toll money and pisses it down the toilet.
    3. Has made Illinois a mecca of photo enforcement.

He deserves to rot in jail.

I am happy that people see people like this for what they are, but on the other hand, they will not make the proper connections between these crooks and the other more subtle ones who simply steal directly from the public.
    Last edited by swamprat; 12-11-2008 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    I am so happy to see that bastard with his balls in a vice. This guy has raped the citizens of Illinois for 8 years too long.

He:

1. Refused to raise the speed limit for trucks to 65 mph.
    2. Takes toll money and pisses it down the toilet.
    3. Has made Illinois a mecca of photo enforcement.

He deserves to rot in jail.

I am happy that people see people like this for what they are, but on the other hand, they will not make the proper connections between these crooks and the other more subtle ones who simply steal directly from the public.

I hope he's convicted of multiple felonies, ruined financially, and sent to "pound me in the ass" prison for at least five years of hard time.

But how do you really feel.. Eric?

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    But how do you really feel.. Eric?

Hate these maggots!

I sometimes wish I had super powers or could be like Batman. Only if I were Batman, I would have let the Joker drop.....

Hopefully this "change" Obama is bringing to President's office will help continue to weed out much of the corruption that has our nation in a strangle hold.

-Mussolini

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Hopefully this "change" Obama is bringing to President's office will help continue to weed out much of the corruption that has our nation in a strangle hold.
    He seems like an ok guy - but I doubt he could do much even if he wanted to. The corruption is embedded and systematic because it has been institutionalized. By this I mean simply that government, to a great extent, has become a vehicle by which one class plunders another - with politicians acting as the middle men (and taking their cut). We've become as much a kleptocracy as the Third World "banana republics" we like to make fun of; only we're less honest about it. We preen and gussy up the thievery by draping it with legalese and all sorts of justifications - instead of just saying, in effect, "give it up."

A specific example:

In Mexico (I have been there many times; seen this firsthand) bribery is openly conducted. A cop pulls you over for some BS reason (or no reason at all) and you give the guy a few bills - end of story.

Here, we pretend it's all about saaaaaaaaafety - and related BS. We issue pieces of paper and of course the cops don't personally pocket your money. At least, not directly. The cop gets his share after it has been processed through the system, in the form of his paycheck.

The only difference? The unctuous moralizing that is so characteristic of America.

I saw the video of Sarah Palin pardoning the turkey the other day, and was wondering how it might go in Illinois:

"Well, turkey, if I had some [expletive] money right about now, you get to go stand in line 'P' instead of line 'Farmer John turns you upside down and cuts your head off'. Got it?"

Chip H.

Anti-kidnapping consultant kidnapped in Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    He seems like an ok guy - but I doubt he could do much even if he wanted to. The corruption is embedded and systematic because it has been institutionalized. By this I mean simply that government, to a great extent, has become a vehicle by which one class plunders another - with politicians acting as the middle men (and taking their cut). We've become as much a kleptocracy as the Third World "banana republics" we like to make fun of; only we're less honest about it. We preen and gussy up the thievery by draping it with legalese and all sorts of justifications - instead of just saying, in effect, "give it up."

A specific example:

In Mexico (I have been there many times; seen this firsthand) bribery is openly conducted. A cop pulls you over for some BS reason (or no reason at all) and you give the guy a few bills - end of story.

Here, we pretend it's all about saaaaaaaaafety - and related BS. We issue pieces of paper and of course the cops don't personally pocket your money. At least, not directly. The cop gets his share after it has been processed through the system, in the form of his paycheck.

The only difference? The unctuous moralizing that is so characteristic of America.
    Speaking of Mexico and corruption..

It's pretty bad when the Anti-kidnapping consultant is kidnapped.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americ...ing/index.html

-Mussolini