Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 2010 Taurus

  1. #1
    Senior Member misterdecibel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,408

    2010 Taurus

    http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/22/s...ised-interior/

    Ford appears to have abandoned the "Lady Schick" corporate face. Now they've gone to a Remington Electric motif.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Raleigh NC, USA
    Posts
    3,628
    The interior doesn't look all that bad. Resembles that of a Maxima.

    Chip H.

  3. #3
    Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,126
    It looks pretty good. I like the All-American look inside. I would like a better close-up of the gauges. I wish that this car would come in RWD. I would sign up for one if I had the money.

  4. #4
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,488
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    It looks pretty good. I like the All-American look inside. I would like a better close-up of the gauges. I wish that this car would come in RWD. I would sign up for one if I had the money.


    Sorry, folks. It does absolutely nothing for me, no style, no charisma, jelly mould shape and poor ergonomics in the cockpit. It looks just like a Ford - is a Ford, is a Ford, is a ........, about as inspiring as the Mondeo or the Ka. Maybe if someone gave me one but, otherwise, no.

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  5. #5
    Ridin Dirty dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    1,606
    I have two friends with tore-asses. They both purchased them second hand with low miles. Not a bad car if you can get it cheap, but they sure fall apart fast on the inside. One can tell there was a lot of love going into them on the assembly line. Very simple things like door panels, head liner, and other dash accessories seem to fall apart in them very quickly, and yes without abuse. When I think disposable cars, tore-asses make the list..

    Another thing that stands out in my mind was the transmission. Both seem to have very nasty shifting trannys. The engines are plenty powerful though!

    "Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,890
    Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    I have two friends with tore-asses. They both purchased them second hand with low miles. Not a bad car if you can get it cheap, but they sure fall apart fast on the inside. One can tell there was a lot of love going into them on the assembly line. Very simple things like door panels, head liner, and other dash accessories seem to fall apart in them very quickly, and yes without abuse. When I think disposable cars, tore-asses make the list..

    Another thing that stands out in my mind was the transmission. Both seem to have very nasty shifting trannys. The engines are plenty powerful though!
    The SHOs (both V-6 and the later V-8 versions) were lots of fun. The V-6/stick versions especially. Those also sold very well (unlike the V-8 version, which was both heavy and automatic-only).

    Ford - like GM - has this bad habit. They come up with a good idea; it sells well - then they fuck it up and, eventually, cancel it. (See also: Camaro, RWD Caprice.)

    Toyota and Honda do something different. They continuously improve their good ideas (and even their not so good ones). They certainly never allow a successful model to just die on the vine.

  8. #8
    Ridin Dirty dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    1,606
    I remember the SHOs. Used to see them in like every other driveway, I swear.

    But yeah, the quality/workmanship on the new ones is just crappy.

    "Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

  9. #9
    Senior Member misterdecibel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

    Toyota and Honda do something different. They continuously improve their good ideas (and even their not so good ones). They certainly never allow a successful model to just die on the vine.
    Celica....

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Ford Taurus SHO
    By Eric in forum New Car/Truck Reviews
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 09:36 PM
  2. New Taurus
    By misterdecibel in forum New Car/Truck Reviews
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 01:28 PM
  3. 2010 Taurus
    By chiph in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 02:57 PM
  4. Comments on 2010 Taurus SHO
    By Eric in forum Performance/Muscle Cars
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 06:44 PM
  5. Taurus/Taurus X question:
    By misterdecibel in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 08:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •