Thread: Danica Patrick hassled by the Fuzz

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Danica Patrick hassled by the Fuzz

Notice the part about her having to attend "driving school." Can you imagine? Some DMV bozo lecturing a pro Indy driver about how to drive? Also note: A $200 fine for a BS ticket. She can afford this - but imagine a regular Joe or Jane having to give the god-damned city what amounts to probably half a week's pay over a BS radar trapped ticket for exceeding a deliberately under-posted limit. I hate these SOBs...

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP)—Danica Patrick paid a $196 fine to settle a speeding ticket after the star race car driver was caught going 54 mph in a 35 mph zone last month.

Patrick, the first woman to win an IndyCar race, was due in traffic court Monday, but a Scottsdale City Court clerk says she paid the fine Wednesday.

The 26-year-old driver was pulled over by Scottsdale police Dec. 9 in her hometown while driving a 2007 Mercedes. A year ago, she was ticketed for driving 57 mph in a 40 mph zone in Scottsdale and was ordered to attend traffic school.

Scottsdale court records show the recent tickets are among several she has received in the past three years.

A call to Patrick’s racing team wasn’t immediately returned.
    Last edited by Eric; 01-03-2009 at 10:03 AM.

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Notice the part about her having to attend "driving school." Can you imagine? Some DMV bozo lecturing a pro Indy driver about how to drive? Also note: A $200 fine for a BS ticket. She can afford this - but imagine a regular Joe or Jane having to give the god-damned city what amounts to probably half a week's pay over a BS radar trapped ticket for exceeding a deliberately under-posted limit. I hate these SOBs...

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP)—Danica Patrick paid a $196 fine to settle a speeding ticket after the star race car driver was caught going 54 mph in a 35 mph zone last month.

Patrick, the first woman to win an IndyCar race, was due in traffic court Monday, but a Scottsdale City Court clerk says she paid the fine Wednesday.

The 26-year-old driver was pulled over by Scottsdale police Dec. 9 in her hometown while driving a 2007 Mercedes. A year ago, she was ticketed for driving 57 mph in a 40 mph zone in Scottsdale and was ordered to attend traffic school.

Scottsdale court records show the recent tickets are among several she has received in the past three years.

A call to Patrick’s racing team wasn’t immediately returned.
    Yeah, I read about this somewhere. It's a real joke, isn't it? I want her number. She's definitely hot.

You would think that she would hire a high powered lawyer to get her off.

It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant people are of their rights. That is why we are losing them day by day.

She can afford the fine for sure, but she can't afford the points on her license anymore than the average Joe. That is the great equalizer that we could all do without.

She needs to move out of Arizona and to Florida so that old Henry can keep an eye on her. The cop situation isn't quite as bad here.
    Last edited by swamprat; 01-03-2009 at 11:05 AM.