Thread: Cool cars and hard economic times.

Cool cars and hard economic times.

I've been thinking again (ow..my head!) and got to noticing that when the car companies have trouble selling cars, the really cool and innovative stuff starts to appear. For instance, during the Great Depression of the late 20's and through the 30's, most of the Classic cars were designed and sold. Fast forward to the late 50's when a short but really sharp recession hit and things like 1 hp per horsepower, tri-power Pontiacs and such came out along with some really cool luxury cars. When Reagan was Prez, a lot of iconic cars were designed and look to be future collectables. I wonder what will come out of this latest hammering.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    I've been thinking again (ow..my head!) and got to noticing that when the car companies have trouble selling cars, the really cool and innovative stuff starts to appear. For instance, during the Great Depression of the late 20's and through the 30's, most of the Classic cars were designed and sold. Fast forward to the late 50's when a short but really sharp recession hit and things like 1 hp per horsepower, tri-power Pontiacs and such came out along with some really cool luxury cars. When Reagan was Prez, a lot of iconic cars were designed and look to be future collectables. I wonder what will come out of this latest hammering.
    I was thinking about this also; see the article I posted in "Motor" earlier today...