Thread: List of America's Most Ticketed Cars

List of America's Most Ticketed Cars

Here's a list of America's Most Ticketed Cars (some on the list will surprise you, and some will not):

http://www.cnbc.com/id/29141982

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Man View Post
    Here's a list of America's Most Ticketed Cars (some on the list will surprise you, and some will not):

Well I guess some of them are just pure jealousy ticketing, mind you I would have thought they would let the 'No3 Scion' and the Hummer off out of sympathy.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Well I guess some of them are just pure jealousy ticketing, mind you I would have thought they would let the 'No3 Scion' and the Hummer off out of sympathy.

Ken.
    Where I live Hummer drivers are crazy. Can't begin to tell you how many instances of Hummer drivers driving their cars like a Corvette. Tailgating is a favorite past-time of Hummer owners in my area.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Where I live Hummer drivers are crazy. Can't begin to tell you how many instances of Hummer drivers driving their cars like a Corvette. Tailgating is a favorite past-time of Hummer owners in my area.
    I have gained some insight after 15 years of driving different new cars every week. I'm the same guy - and I pretty much drive the same irrespective of the car - so the vehicle itself has to be the "factor" as far as what I am about to relate:

* Cops will draw a bead on you if you are driving a Corvette, BMW or anything with a wing on it. You will get noticed before the guy in the Taurus next to you, even if he is driving faster.

* Large SUVs make great radar targets; the cop will get you before he gets the guy in the small sedan.

* Crappy/beat-up cars are much more likely to get a cop on their ass running a plate check and looking for a reason to pull you over.

* Expensive cars arouse class envy - and hatred. Cops are not immune and often more vulnerable to this disease.

This One is NOT on the list....

Quote Originally Posted by Mase View Post
    Hard to speed in that one!

What's the top speed? About 45 mph?

DonTom

Unhappy

I always thought the most ticketed car was a motorcycle!

-Don- (Reno, NV)

Around here, H2 hummers do drive like idiots. They like to show off and be a general pain. It's amazing what 3 inch washers carried in your riding vest on a motorcycle will do about getting them to NOT tailgate. Especially if you take one in your hand and flip it over your shoulder at speed.

I noticed on the list, the most ticketed cars are either usually bought by young aggressive drivers or rich drivers witha fat wallet and heavy foot. My old rusty Camry is fairly invisible and my 380SL looks to be a middle aged pharte's toy. (Which it is.)
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

If you get pulled over in a Mercedes, you _will_ get a ticket, even if you got it cheap and it runs like junk.

Quote Originally Posted by DonTom View Post
    I always thought the most ticketed car was a motorcycle!

-Don- (Reno, NV)
    Bikes can get away, easily. You just need a little nerve.

DonTom
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Bikes can get away, easily. You just need a little nerve.

I've watched a few of those on Police Chases on Tru-TV. They don't always get away.

-Don- (Reno, NV)

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    Around here, H2 hummers do drive like idiots. They like to show off and be a general pain. It's amazing what 3 inch washers carried in your riding vest on a motorcycle will do about getting them to NOT tailgate. Especially if you take one in your hand and flip it over your shoulder at speed.

I noticed on the list, the most ticketed cars are either usually bought by young aggressive drivers or rich drivers witha fat wallet and heavy foot. My old rusty Camry is fairly invisible and my 380SL looks to be a middle aged pharte's toy. (Which it is.)
    The Hummer is a prime offender. I think it goes with the territory, though. It's a useless, asshole vehicle - so useless asshole types tend to drive them.

Example: We recently had a VDOT road worker get crushed to death by a drunk yuppie bitch in a Hummer. Falling down drunk (she was video taped) she ignored the flagman and sped right through, killing the guy who was directing the heavy equipment.

I've watched a few of those on Police Chases on Tru-TV. They don't always get away.

-Don- (Reno, NV)
    Of course not.

You have to pick your battles. In a densely populated urban suburban area, it is very risky as well as much more difficult.

However, if you are out in the country, say, and you pass a cop coming the other way - you can be gone before he can even get turned around. A sport bike's acceleration capability is astonishing; compared with a car, it is a seriously unequal contest. All you have to do, really, is get out of sight - then get off the road. Do that, and odds are you've evaded the cop!

DonTom
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Of course not.
    All you have to do, really, is get out of sight - then get off the road. Do that, and odds are you've evaded the cop!
    And that way, even if you do somehow get caught, you can claim you didn't see the cop and it should be believable.

-Don- (Reno, NV)

And that way, even if you do somehow get caught, you can claim you didn't see the cop and it should be believable.

-Don- (Reno, NV)
    Exactly!

I only run fast in my "neck of the woods" - where I literally know the woods, as well as most of the endless little backroads that crisscross the county - which is a lot like Hazzard County in "The Dukes of Hazzard."

Once you're out of Roscoe's sight, you can disappear down any one of a dozen roads - or into the woods, if need be. The cop would have to be very lucky to pick the right road - and his odds decrease with every second you're out of view.

True story: The state cop who lives down the road from me has told me that he doesn't even try to chase bikes.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mase View Post
    The top speed of a model T is around 45 mph as Eric mentioned. This car could not escape a moped in a chase.

The top speed of a model T is around 45 mph as Eric mentioned. This car could not escape a moped in a chase.
    Yep!

Even my little 250 cc dirt bike can hit 85-90 mph, all out... .