Thread: Carfax

Smile Carfax

Anyone out there wouldn't happen to have a carfax account out there with multiple VINs that can be ran, would they? If so, would you be willing to run a report for me?
    Tim, proud owner of 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 & 2007 Honda CMX250C Rebel

DonTom
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerlbf406 View Post
    Anyone out there wouldn't happen to have a carfax account out there with multiple VINs that can be ran, would they? If so, would you be willing to run a report for me?
    You're a week too late. Mine just expired. So now, you might have to get a carfax account that the rest of us can use.

BTW, Carfax will only accept 17 digit vin numbers. They are worthless for older vehicles.

-Don- SSF, CA

Shit, if i had money to pay for a carfax account, I'd be doing shit to the truck & making it more the way I like it; instead of sitting here so broke I can't even pay attention, LOL. Yeah & there isn't really any source out there that I know of to give vehicle history for 1982 & below for those without 17 digits. Atleast I couldn't find any source about 5 years ago when I had a 1980 Ford Bronco.

DonTom
    Atleast I couldn't find any source about 5 years ago when I had a 1980 Ford Bronco.
    Perhaps because that was before the computer daze and then such records were hard to find.

I'd be doing shit to the truck & making it more the way I like it.
    What type of stuff would you like to change?

I just got done changing many things in the RV I bought last month.

Stuff such as:

Add back up camera, monitor & panel TV.

Change radio and propane detector to run from the house battery (instead of engine battery).

Add switch so I can turn on a house light from driver's seat.

Add tachometer.

Add Pressure Pro System.

Fix Aux start (It has a switch so the house battery can add to the engine starting battery in case the starting battery goes dead). Fix vacuum problem so I get dash air instead of everything blowing out of the defogger only.

Add keyless entry.

Add cruise control.

No doubt there was more, if I took the time to think about it. The only thing I have left to do is change the radio from the mickey-mouse installed one that the previous owner installed without the correct brackets. I am putting in a stock radio with CD (with stock brackets so it won't be so flaky and loose) that was just ordered on E-Bay.

Pretty soon I will have nothing left to do to the RV except for take it on a long trip. Headed for Canada in April. Thinking about going to Edmonton and then coming back a different route through Canada.

-Don- SSF, CA

although it has nothing to do w/ carfax now the plans i have for the Explorer is to pull a few dents out of the driver side body, replace the lower front valance, replace 1 fog light thats missing, replace the grille since it has a crack in it, add a bugshield & window visors. would have more plans but I don't even have the money to do the repairs to get it looking a lil better, bit more anything else.

What I usually do if I don't have money is detail clean my vehicle. Change out all the fluids. Check for old weather stripping and replace anything that is easy and cheap to do. Just fine detail everything on it.

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

I need to do some body work to a Jeep Grand Cherokee I bought for $600 the other day. The previous owner was driving on an icy road and was attacked by a tree that jumped in front of him. The front is about 8 inches narrower than it used to be. A DBH and high lift jack will move the frame rails out a bit. Oil field pipe front bumper and I'm thinking of grafting the headlight assembly off a 1981 El Camino.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Everything I can do to it, without money is done. Now it's just a matter of waiting 'til I have money & can do some more stuff to it.

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    I need to do some body work to a Jeep Grand Cherokee I bought for $600 the other day...... I'm thinking of grafting the headlight assembly off a 1981 El Camino.
    Sounds like you are making a Grand Cherokee look like a '84-'96 Cherokee (with the '81 El Camino headlights).