Thread: Not that it will do any good....

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Not that it will do any good....

But I went ahead and sent a letter to Sen. Webb, who "represents" (cough, choke, puke) us in the Senate, as follows:

Dear Sen. Webb,

I'm a conservative/Libertarian who voted for you because you appear to share many of my values and because I respect your record and personal history.

I'd like to take a moment to ask you about a specific issue of great importance to me and, I suspect, numerous others in the Commonwealth who supported you in the last election:

Recently, a federal judge took it upon herself, at the behest of civilian disarmament groups such as the Brady Center, to issue an injunction rescinding the legal right of people such as myself, who hold concealed-carry permits, to carry in national parks, including the Blue Ridge Parkway.

As you know, those who hold CC permits have undergone both extensive criminal background checks and firearms safety training. Virginians with CC permits are among the least likely to misuse firearms, or be involved in criminal activity having to do with firearms.

Despite these facts - and the fact that over the two month period when it was lawful for CC holders to carry in parks, etc. not a single incident occurred involving a CC permit holder - CC holders are no longer legally able to exercise their Second Amendment rights when camping/hiking in national parks, or when traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway - courtesy of Judge Kotelly's injunction.

As my wife and I live adjacent to the parkway and frequently drive and walk along it (including at night), it is both inconvenient and potentially dangerous for us to do so when I am unarmed. If I drive on the parkway, I must leave my firearm at home; yet the nature of my work is such that I am responsible for expensive property and potentially a target for criminals - which is why I have a CC permit and like to keep a weapon with me when I am in my vehicle. But thanks the to the interposition of Judge Kotelly, I now must either avoid the parkway or travel unprotected.

My wife and I also like to walk the parkway, and because we live in a very rural area, where police/ranger presence is minimal, I like to carry so that I have the means of defending myself and my wife available to me. I should mention that just a few months ago, a man jogging on the parkway in my area was attacked by a stray dog, who mauled him pretty badly. Had the man had a weapon, he might have been able to avoid this. Etc.

As you can see from this note, I feel very strongly about the Second Amendment - and am furious about the actions of Judge Kotelly.

There is no objective, fact-based reason for denying CC permit holders the legal right to carry in national parks - just the emoting, anti-gun agenda of outfits like the Brady Center and compliant federal judges who share the civilian disarmament agenda.

I hope you will become a strong advocate for the Second Amendment rights of Virginians - and all Americans - and will take whatever action is necessary to defend us against outrages such as the one just perpetrated by Judge Kotelly.

Thank you,

Eric Peters
    Last edited by Eric; 03-27-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Did you get your typical form letter back yet? "we appreciate your opinion BUT.........."

Could have a collection of those by now no matter what the subject is.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by larryflew View Post
    Did you get your typical form letter back yet? "we appreciate your opinion BUT.........."

Could have a collection of those by now no matter what the subject is.
    Nada - not even a form letter.

The Imperial Senate deigns not to notice....