Thread: Hitting the road

Hitting the road

I'm out of here in the morning, trailering, Yes Adam I'm trailering, my Ural and XT 250 and bicycle behind the motorhome for a four month (hopefully if there is no breakdowns) journey starting with a week in Moab, UT with other Ural owners and then on to Pahrump, NV for a 4 day defensive handgun class put on by Frontsight. After that I'm visiting my daughter and sister plus a few friends in So Cal before heading for Spokane to meet up with Ladybug for a two week ride into Oregon to celebrate an opening of a restaurant by one of the ADV riders. After that if all goes well I'll move on to the bicycle (quite fuel efficient but I eat more) for a 1300 mile trip around WA state. Then after another ride (back on the Ural) into Idaho, I'll head to Sturgis for bike week. Following that, I'm visiting a friend in Sioux Falls then another in MN then expect to be back home around Aug 20th. It's going to be Brutal out there and I doubt anyone has ever done this before, well, except for Adam, possibly.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Litlbike View Post
    I'm out of here in the morning, trailering, Yes Adam I'm trailering, my Ural and XT 250 and bicycle behind the motorhome for a four month (hopefully if there is no breakdowns) journey starting with a week in Moab, UT with other Ural owners and then on to Pahrump, NV for a 4 day defensive handgun class put on by Frontsight. After that I'm visiting my daughter and sister plus a few friends in So Cal before heading for Spokane to meet up with Ladybug for a two week ride into Oregon to celebrate an opening of a restaurant by one of the ADV riders. After that if all goes well I'll move on to the bicycle (quite fuel efficient but I eat more) for a 1300 mile trip around WA state. Then after another ride (back on the Ural) into Idaho, I'll head to Sturgis for bike week. Following that, I'm visiting a friend in Sioux Falls then another in MN then expect to be back home around Aug 20th. It's going to be Brutal out there and I doubt anyone has ever done this before, well, except for Adam, possibly.
    Sounds fun - especially the defensive shooting course. I've been looking into that myself. Have you see our Board here that's devoted to gun stuff?

Hey, Barry, this sounds like one of Sherry's great adventures but, by the sound of it, even bigger. Have a great trip, no breakdowns, good weather, stay shiny side up and meet many friends, old and new.

Ride safe, Barry.

Ken.

p.s. Don't forget we will all be wanting stories, pictures, videos and tales of derring do!
    Last edited by Ken; 04-16-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: p.s.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Sounds like a great trip, except for that bycicle thing. Have a great time and keep us posted on your progress. I'm going to join you in Moab one of these days..It's on my list

Have Fun Barry

Enjoy and have fun,I'm glad I did Daytona this year and now more important then anything for me is balancing my budget. I won't be traveling to Sturgis or anywhere far but am very happy with going to Daytona that was a great trip,a dream come true,I rode there and can live with that at least I did that this year. Barry I have plenty of desire but am totally broke so need to replemish my funds,I'll be working overtime but then I'll have money for Sturgis in the future. I'll be looking for yours and everyones stories and pictures. Hope you have a fun,safe and great time on the road bro now go man go ruffffffffff!