Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Star Trek

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Raleigh NC, USA
    Posts
    3,628

    Star Trek

    Go see it.

    As a classic Trekker, I was concerned about what they would do to the franchise. Luckily, it survives mostly intact.

    The music in the movie is only so-so, but go see it in a theater that plays it loud enough.

    Chip H.

  2. #2
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,772
    Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post
    Go see it.

    As a classic Trekker, I was concerned about what they would do to the franchise. Luckily, it survives mostly intact.

    The music in the movie is only so-so, but go see it in a theater that plays it loud enough.

    Chip H.
    The trailers all looked promising (of course, they almost always do!)

  3. #3
    Senior Member misterdecibel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,408
    It's showing at an Imax theater here, I think I'll check it out Monday.

    A middle-aged man going alone to a Star Trek movie in the middle of a weekday, what an image...

  4. #4
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,772
    Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel View Post
    It's showing at an Imax theater here, I think I'll check it out Monday.

    A middle-aged man going alone to a Star Trek movie in the middle of a weekday, what an image...
    So long as you're not wearing a Captain Kirk shirt ....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1eFdUSnaQM&feature=fvst
    Last edited by Eric; 05-10-2009 at 07:57 AM.

  5. #5
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,432
    Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel View Post
    It's showing at an Imax theater here, I think I'll check it out Monday.

    A middle-aged man going alone to a Star Trek movie in the middle of a weekday, what an image...
    Chances are thet there will be two 'Golden Oldies' from this household trekking out to the local Kinema next week.

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  6. #6
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Chances are thet there will be two 'Golden Oldies' from this household trekking out to the local Kinema next week.

    Ken.
    There's no replacin' the original!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1eFdUSnaQM&feature=fvst

    Why not just kick that iguana in the nuts?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Raleigh NC, USA
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    So long as you're not wearing a Captain Kirk shirt ....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1eFdUSnaQM&feature=fvst
    My Star Trek The Next Generation t-shirt is in storage.

    Chip H.

  8. #8
    Senior Member misterdecibel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,408
    I sawr it, it was a fun ride, and I actually liked the cast. I'm not so sanguine about the creation of an alternate time line. Unless the next movie has Spock taking steps to restore things to the way they were before.

  9. #9
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,772
    Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel View Post
    I sawr it, it was a fun ride, and I actually liked the cast. I'm not so sanguine about the creation of an alternate time line. Unless the next movie has Spock taking steps to restore things to the way they were before.
    Are there Nazis involved?

    That has been a recurrent Star Trek alternative time line throughout the years.

Similar Threads

  1. Disabling On-Star
    By swamprat in forum Advice/Questions/Tips
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 08:48 PM
  2. Lone Star Rally
    By Frosts08ultra in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 09:02 AM
  3. Star Wars Land Speeder Car
    By Disco Man in forum Video clips
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 05:54 PM
  4. 2008 Yamaha Royal Star Venture S
    By Eric in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 06:53 PM
  5. HYUNDAI RECEIVES FIVE-STAR SAFETY RATINGS FROM NHTSA
    By Eric in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 02:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •