Thread: My Little Friend saved my ass again!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

My Little Friend saved my ass again!

So, this morning, I am heading to the gym (downtown, in the valley) and get caught behind a rare clusterfuck of five vehicles. The lead vehicle is a minivan doing 50-ish (45 in any hint of a curve) in a 55 zone where almost everyone does at least 60-65 and 70 is pretty common.

We get to a straightaway where I have a clean shot. I am driving a soopahcharged 2010 Jaguar XFR, so it's no problemo to blast past all five of these dawdlers before they even realize it.

I watch the "train" recede in my rearview as the Jag hits the straightaway that comes up just before you begin your descent down Bent Mountain - and about halfway through the straight, running about 70, my V1 comes alive and flashes to warn me about Ka radar up ahead someplace. I slow the Jag to 55 on the nose and, sure enough, at the end of the straight, next to an old building, an asshole county cop is hiding, running his radar gun.

I slid right on by - a smile on my face and happy in the knowledge that my V1 had just paid for itself (again).

But, I felt bad for the cars I passed because I just bet at least one of them took the opportunity presented by the straightaway to blast by the minivan that was holding everyone up - and because he/she did not have the V1 to alert them to the cop, probably ran right by at 65-70 or more and got their day ruined by a $150 ticket and 4 points on their license... .

These days a radar detector is as essential as a gun. I don't leave home without either!
    Last edited by Eric; 05-14-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Staff
    Nice one. I love to hear stories like that. One advantage of our crowded road system is that with more vehicles, it is less likely that you will get a ticket. There is a lot of protective chaff out there on the roads. Great job, keep the pedal to the floor and happy motoring. It's nice to stick it to the big burly buzz cut bully cops.

You have a great friend in Valentine One.

My next friend I'm going to add is the Speed Cheetah. www.speedcheetah.com
    Last edited by swamprat; 05-14-2009 at 07:47 PM.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Nice one. I love to hear stories like that. One advantage of our crowded road system is that with more vehicles, it is less likely that you will get a ticket. There is a lot of protective chaff out there on the roads. Great job, keep the pedal to the floor and happy motoring. It's nice to stick it to the big burly buzz cut bully cops.

You have a great friend in Valentine One.

My next friend I'm going to add is the Speed Cheetah. www.speedcheetah.com

Definitely!

I can't recommend the V1 enough - and no one should be driving in today's environment without one.