Thread: Disappointed by Ron Paul

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Disappointed by Ron Paul

At least, by his organization.

I made several attempts to communicate with the campaign, to offer my services as a volunteer. Never got a reply.

What I did get - and still get - is a steady barrage of fundraising letters and phone bank-style calls. Just like the GOP. It's a real turn off.

Did the founding fathers run phone banks and have a staff of professional shysters making money off the Revolution? Were the secessionist Confederates sending out plea letters asking for $20?

Both were about ideas - and action. Win or lose, they were in it for real - and motivated by passion. They were willing to take personal risks - and not merely affix their signatures to form letters sent to their representatives, politely asking for "change."

I am coming to believe the moment is ripening, but we have no movement, much less "man of the hour." I respect Dr. Paul, but with all respect, he is not that man. And the Libertarian Party hasn't got the zeitgeist, either.

So, what to do? Where to turn?

Staff
    Paul is working within the system to change things. With the backing he got in 2008, he is beginning to make a difference. Those of us who work outside the system will be marginalized and opposed at almost every level even worse than Paul

Paul is just one player in the change game.

I am not disappointed yet with him or his organization.... yet.

I'd give it more of a chance.

What I despise are those fabricated tea parties with the Lee Greenwood music blaring from the speakers. I would never attend a Sean Vanity freedumb concert either. The flag humping going on there is fully nauseating. The only good thing about them is that there is some libertarian influence happening compared with, say, an Obama rally.

I would contact a meetup group in your area and see what they are doing. Local action is more likely to work as a resistance force.
    Last edited by swamprat; 06-05-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    "I would never attend a Sean Vanity freedumb concert either."

Love that - just beautiful!