Thread: Michelle Bachmann is a wingding

Staff

Michelle Bachmann is a wingding

http://dumpbachmann.blogspot.com/

Although this site is obviously biased, her recollection of history is about as deep as Sarah Palin's.

She mentioned that the Smoot Hawley Tariff caused the great depression (bullshit) and that FDR was behind it (bullshit).

These people are something else.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    http://dumpbachmann.blogspot.com/

Although this site is obviously biased, her recollection of history is about as deep as Sarah Palin's.

She mentioned that the Smoot Hawley Tariff caused the great depression (bullshit) and that FDR was behind it (bullshit).

These people are something else.
    Someone styled them narcissistic ignoramuses - and that works for me.

Look, when I know I know more about US history, the Constitution and Bill of Rights, etc. than the nominee of the GOP for vice president I also know I am not voting for that ass clown!

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Someone styled them narcissistic ignoramuses - and that works for me.

Look, when I know I know more about US history, the Constitution and Bill of Rights, etc. than the nominee of the GOP for vice president I also know I am not voting for that ass clown!
    The last person in the oval office that had a grasp of history was Ronald Reagan. (Unfortunately, he also believed that the Smoot Hawley Tariff caused the Depression) Although I didn't agree always with his worldview, he quoted the founding fathers in almost every speech and tied in what he was doing to their ideas. It had been a long time since we had a president who did that. You would have had to go back to the 1920s. Since Reagan, we haven't had a president who knew George Washington wasn't related to George Washington Carver.

As far as Bachmann goes, I'm willing to give her a little time. I perceive her as a lot more intelligent than Palin and that she will actually grow into this job. She gave Bernanke a good grilling on the constitutionality of what he is doing.
    Last edited by swamprat; 07-11-2009 at 10:19 AM.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    I have no use for the Republican Party. It is just as fundamentally destructive of the "old America" as is the Democratic Party. If you're a conservative/Libertarian-minded person, cut your losses and move on to something else. Don't waste a vote, your time or money on the GOP. Anyone it anoints or puts forward is by definition tainted and not worth of your support.

Also, I have come to the sad conclusion that America, as a single continental nation, is beyond fixing. It will either become an overt police state, collapse in on itself, or it will split up (peacefully or otherwise) into new political entities. This latter result may be the last best chance that freedom - real freedom - still has.
    Last edited by Eric; 07-11-2009 at 12:57 PM.