Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: An evening ride.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,489

    An evening ride.

    As promised, long ago, I've finally managed to prepare a video of a typical evening ride on our Lincolnshire roads. Thanks to YouTubes restrictions I've had to cut the video into three, change its format and spend about five or six hours uploading the darn things so I hope y'all enjoy them.

    Part 1 - Woodhall Spa to Bucknall.



    Part 2 - Bucknall to Baumber.



    Part 3 - Baumber to home.



    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Piney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ocean County, New Jersey
    Posts
    181
    Great vids Ken. Your camera does a nice job with the images. Nice roads, too.
    I liked the way you "bullied" that learner right off the road...Mean old biker! Haha!
    Thanks for posting these up.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Piney View Post
    Great vids Ken. Your camera does a nice job with the images. Nice roads, too.
    I liked the way you "bullied" that learner right off the road...Mean old biker! Haha!
    Thanks for posting these up.
    LOL. Most of the instructors over here are quite good. If you follow at a sensible distance they will, wherever possible, either get the learner to pull over (as in this case) or will position him/her so as to maximise the overtaking opportunities. I like to give learner drivers the maximum leeway so as not to disturb or scare them - we all had to learn at one time.

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Piney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ocean County, New Jersey
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    LOL. Most of the instructors over here are quite good. If you follow at a sensible distance they will, wherever possible, either get the learner to pull over (as in this case) or will position him/her so as to maximise the overtaking opportunities. I like to give learner drivers the maximum leeway so as not to disturb or scare them - we all had to learn at one time.

    Ken.

    Yeah...I hear you. It's amazing how calm a driver I become whenever I'm in the vicinity of a student driver. I feel that I owe it to them to give them the best possible situation to learn in. So, I drop back a bit if I'm behind them, and generally try not to do something that might get them nervous.

    More video please.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago vicinity
    Posts
    549
    Very cool Big K,I'd be totally killed riding there. I like your purple garage door very unique. Anyway camera was steady and windshield clean. I liked looking at the scenery and the different model compact cars. Soon America will be more that way as more and more I'm seeing compact and subcompact cars on the road. Just so different driving on that side of the road. I loved the sound of your engine when shifting. You know Big K my last bike was purple just like your garage doors. Hmm maybe I'll do a bit of painting this Holiday.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Very cool Big K,I'd be totally killed riding there. I like your purple garage door very unique. Anyway camera was steady and windshield clean. I liked looking at the scenery and the different model compact cars. Soon America will be more that way as more and more I'm seeing compact and subcompact cars on the road. Just so different driving on that side of the road. I loved the sound of your engine when shifting. You know Big K my last bike was purple just like your garage doors. Hmm maybe I'll do a bit of painting this Holiday.
    Glad you enjoyed the videos, Adam. The garage door was a 'spur of the moment' thing. Originally it was just plain white, like everyone else's, so I decided on a change. The colour looked good on the chart and is called 'Sorcerer', I liked the name so I bought the paint and my decorator did the rest when he was doing all the outside woodwork. It looks good though and is different from any of the other garage doors around these here parts. I remember the Purple Pony well, Adam, a bike that served you well for many thousands of miles, if El Toro serves you as well you should be a happy bunny.

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago vicinity
    Posts
    549
    Big K;
    It's much fun watching your video's like a whole different world. I very much enjoy reading yours and Eric posts,I find myself nodding my head with much of what has been said especially in the auto sections of this sight.
    Anyway the red El Toro has just under 20,000 and is doing well. I have been loosing bolts and this is not good. I've replaced more then bolts already. I suspect that when the bike was being put together at the dealership they did a sloppy job. The dealership no longer exist however one of the chaps that use to work for has his own little garage in town and often he'll look over the bike and help with bolt repair. He loves my long winded stories and dvd's patience it will be made till perfection Daytona that is.
    Ken I still hope to ride to Alaska and go back through the western states and see Sherry one last time before hitting the high road north. While the desire to ride is there the money isn't so I'm more or less grounded for the time being. This and Hawaii and all 50 states that was my goal from the begining will be accomplished. Only other might be to revisit with some olde friends I've met through these boards. It was crazy but a long time ago I was determine to meet as many people as possible and ride to their back yards to meet with them. It was whacky but I've leared alot about others and myself along the way and even how to ride better. Anyway keep up the good write ups and again I very much enjoy reading everything.
    Next week the weather suppose to be perfect so I'll be riding to work every night as I'm working graveyard till 3:30 a.m. Lot's and lots of animals I'm getting closer to slamming into a deer as they scamper across the road very very close. I can hear their hooves.

Similar Threads

  1. First ride of 09
    By Frosts08ultra in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 07:25 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 08:25 AM
  3. Typical evening club run?
    By Ken in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 02:03 PM
  4. 2008 Honda 'Blade debuts this evening.
    By Ken in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 10:03 AM
  5. At last - a ride.
    By Ken in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 08:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •