Thread: Cat issue!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Cat issue!

My wife and I are fond of cats. We have five indoor cats and also feed/try to take care of several semi-wild outside cats. We let several of these make use of the garage for shelter, etc.

Recently, a forlorn but very friendly kitten appeared and we'd like to find him (her? we think it's a her) a good home. This cat is probably about 10 weeks old and very tame (which is why we think he/she would be a great pet for someone). He (she?) is calm, very friendly and likes to be handled/stroked and played with. Does not hiss or bite or do anything obnoxious. He (she?) is black/brownish-red with yellow eyes and a few strands of white on his (her?) belly. Small build/frame with an otter-like tail. (We are pretty sure he/she is related to our most recent addition, Java Cat, who also got adopted from the Back Yard Cats.)

We will probably have him (her?) taken care of by our local vet. Just needs someone to give him/her a good home.

If we didn't already have five indoor cats we'd keep him/her ourselves. If interested, please shoot me a PM and we can talk about it some more. Meanwhile, here are some pics ... .

We're in SW Virginia, near Roanoke (and not far from the NC border).

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Eric; 07-15-2009 at 08:28 AM.

Staff
    That's a cute cat. When I'm through with my comany traveling, probably in September/October, I will be able to get one. Let me know when you find out if its a boy or a girl.

I have a bias towards girl cats.

I wouldn't mind taking a road trip in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    That's a cute cat. When I'm through with my comany traveling, probably in September/October, I will be able to get one. Let me know when you find out if its a boy or a girl.

I have a bias towards girl cats.

I wouldn't mind taking a road trip in the fall.
    Hey Henry!

She's a girl, for sure (I rolled her over and made the necessary inspection ). My wife took some more pics; I will post these later (and can send them to you via e-mail as well; Jill's a much better photographer than I will ever be!)

She's a darling; already completely tame and friendly; we're playing with her several times each day to socialize her and make her comfortable around people. Likes other cats. We are going to get all her vet work (shots, spay, etc.) taken care of by our (top notch) local veterinarian.

If you're seriously interested, we could absolutely hold her for you until September or October. Our main concern is finding her a good home while she is still a kitten because the brutal truth is people prefer to adopt kittens over adult cats and we want to be sure we get her situated. She deserves a good home; definitely not a wild/outside cat. She wants a warm house and three squares per day!

Here's a pic I just took of our little friend sleeping on her bed on the trunk of my Trans Am!
    Attached Images Attached Images