Thread: video surfaces of cops trying to frame motorist

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

video surfaces of cops trying to frame motorist

This is pretty obnoxious; and without video, they would have gotten away with it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_246987.html

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    This is pretty obnoxious; and without video, they would have gotten away with it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_246987.html
    I was witness to a similar incident, many years ago, in Ashford. A police car, coming up to red traffic lights, slammed into the back of a car waiting for the lights to change. In a few seconds the occupants of the fuzzwagen had the lady driver of the stationary car out on the sidewalk and were attempting to claim she was guily of obstruction. I intervened and told the officers that they had hit a stationary car waiting at red lights in a single lane turn off, then said 'I'll be your witness' to the young lady. In a few seconds all the police except the driver had disappeared. Whilst waiting for the Duty Officer to arrive the police driver started having a go at me as I 'Could cause him to lose his job'.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I was witness to a similar incident, many years ago, in Ashford. A police car, coming up to red traffic lights, slammed into the back of a car waiting for the lights to change. In a few seconds the occupants of the fuzzwagen had the lady driver of the stationary car out on the sidewalk and were attempting to claim she was guily of obstruction. I intervened and told the officers that they had hit a stationary car waiting at red lights in a single lane turn off, then said 'I'll be your witness' to the young lady. In a few seconds all the police except the driver had disappeared. Whilst waiting for the Duty Officer to arrive the police driver started having a go at me as I 'Could cause him to lose his job'.

Ken.
    It's disgusting. Even more that we're expected to defer and even hero worship cops. It's a species of sexual perversion we might call "uniform fetish." Same goes with adulation of "the troops." (Der Fuhrer was very big on the latter.)

Me? I venerate liberty and distrust all "duly appointed authority" because it is at its core coercion and coercion is the enemy of liberty and even when it is necessary for public order must be carefully limited and watched over as it is so prone to being abused - by its very nature.

This video and your example being two cases on point!

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    It's disgusting. Even more that we're expected to defer and even hero worship cops. It's a species of sexual perversion we might call "uniform fetish." Same goes with adulation of "the troops." (Der Fuhrer was very big on the latter.)

Me? I venerate liberty and distrust all "duly appointed authority" because it is at its core coercion and coercion is the enemy of liberty and even when it is necessary for public order must be carefully limited and watched over as it is so prone to being abused - by its very nature.

This video and your example being two cases on point!
    I agree about the deference to cops. It is disgusting how we are expected to genuflect in front of these automotons. 9/10 of them are a bunch of regulations quoting drones (as you say) who use very little discretion in their arrests and their use of force. I can't stand these right (and left) wing cranks who bloviate about how we need to support the police. The police don't really need our support. They have all the force of the state at their disposal to "do their jobs," whatever that is.

I don't think that the troops are as clearcut. Many members of the military come from families who were in the service. Many members of the military actually have an understanding of the constittuion that they swear to defend. On the other hand, they are also instruments of the state to go into combat in places that mean nothing to the security of the United States. These people, whether they agree or not, are forced to follow orders of the Chief executive, as he is supposed the Commander in Chief of the armed forces. Cops and military troops are not the same breed at all, although they do have some similarities.

On the other hand, cop and troop worship seems to come from the same types or groups of people, and that, is truly a perversion.