Thread: Don't Remember Paying for Rain in my Car

Don't Remember Paying for Rain in my Car

2006 Lincoln TC Designer. During heavy or steady rain, the back right seat gets wet (along with the seatbelt). We had a lot of rain here in Memphis. Now, I've got rainwater leaking through my headliner and dripping on my seat. Two places. Also found water in the tirewell of my spare, but the "drain tube" is correctly hooked up.

Should mention I have a sunroof. The drain tube seemed to be dry behind the spare tire. What a mess. Any ideas, anyone?

Hawg

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hwyhwg View Post
    2006 Lincoln TC Designer. During heavy or steady rain, the back right seat gets wet (along with the seatbelt). We had a lot of rain here in Memphis. Now, I've got rainwater leaking through my headliner and dripping on my seat. Two places. Also found water in the tirewell of my spare, but the "drain tube" is correctly hooked up.

Should mention I have a sunroof. The drain tube seemed to be dry behind the spare tire. What a mess. Any ideas, anyone?

Hawg
    Hopefully, it just needs a minor adjustment/re-alignment. That's what it sounds like based on your description. Have you tried cycling the sunroof a few times to make sure it's closed properly? If that doesn't do it, I am betting a few turns of the screw here/there will fix it. A gasket may be crimped or out of place, too. But likely "small stuff."

First thing I'd do is go directly to the dealer. Warranty "in force" or not, the car is only about three years old - and a leaking sunroof ought not to be a part of the Luxury Car Experience. If the dealer/Lincoln does not take care of you gratis and graciously, it is just one more example of the reason why American car companies are in the situation they're in. (My mom owns a 2000 model year Lexus and the dealer still treats her as if it were a brand-new vehicle.)

Be nice, but explain that you are very concerned that your less than four-year-old Lincoln leaks (and that now your seats may get moldy, too). Make it clear you expect it to get handled right - and that if it isn't, you'll be in touch with Lincoln directly and will be sure they know about the situation as well as the dealer's lack of appropriate response. If Lincoln does not handle the situation satisfactorily, let them know you will never be buying one of their products again and will be urging your friends, family, colleagues, etc. to avoid "poorly built" Lincoln products and "unresponsive" Lincoln dealerships.
    Last edited by Eric; 07-22-2009 at 06:35 AM.