Thread: T-Rex - Cheaper than the Acabion GTBO.

T-Rex - Cheaper than the Acabion GTBO.

For the odd one or two of you who were put off by the price of the Acabion GTBO, here is a different kettle of fish at around a mere $50K. Powered by a Kawasaki 1400cc engine this should appeal to Eric. I'd love to have one just for Cadwell Park Raceway. Yeah, OK, so I might take it on the road as well.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    For the odd one or two of you who were put off by the price of the Acabion GTBO, here is a different kettle of fish at around a mere $50K. Powered by a Kawasaki 1400cc engine this should appeal to Eric. I'd love to have one just for Cadwell Park Raceway. Yeah, OK, so I might take it on the road as well.

Ken.

Oh yea, I'd be in soooo much trouble with something like that.

I don't think I'd put it on the road. If you notice, the thing is so low that your head is at bumper hight. Also, if you pass any vehicle they would have to hang out the window and look down to see you... Maybe fast but I don't think I'd put myself in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieCLU View Post
    I don't think I'd put it on the road. If you notice, the thing is so low that your head is at bumper hight. Also, if you pass any vehicle they would have to hang out the window and look down to see you... Maybe fast but I don't think I'd put myself in that position.
    I reckon it is about 36" max height, just over hip height on Tiff Needell. On many of our lovely empty country roads that wouldn't be a problem, Charlie. Anyway, just a tiny touch on the throttle and any other traffic would just be little blips in your rear view mirror wouldn't they?

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

I reckon it is about 36" max height, just over hip height on Tiff Needell. On many of our lovely empty country roads that wouldn't be a problem, Charlie. Anyway, just a tiny touch on the throttle and any other traffic would just be little blips in your rear view mirror wouldn't they?

Ken.
    Further to my post, above, I've just established that it is 42" max height, Tiff must be taller than I thought.

T-Rex Specifications - 1200cc engine version.
    • Chassis: Multi-tubular steel chassis frame.
    • Engine: 1164cc Inline 4 cyl., DOHC, with Ram-Air.
    • Transmission: Sequential 6-Speed close ratio gear box, purpose designed reverse gear, rear wheel torque damper.
    • Front suspension: Unequal opposed triangular arms, adjustable dampers with coil overs, sway bar.
    • Rear suspension: Swinging arm, dual adjustable dampers with coil overs.
    • Steering: Rack and pinion (2.75 turns lock-to-lock), leather steering wheel.
    • Brakes: Front discs: Cross-drilled discs, 11in.(280mm) diameter, 4-piston aluminium calipers. Rear discs: Cross-drilled disc, 10in.(254mm) diameter, 2-piston aluminium caliper.
    • Wheels and Tires : Aluminum 16″x7″ front, 17″x10″ rear, 205/45/ZR16 front tires, 285/40/ZR17 rear tire.
    • Body: Reinforced fiberglass plastic-sandwich construction, carbon fiber windscreens and headrests.
    • Cockpit: Side-by-side 2-person seating, adjustable backs, adjustable foot-pedal box, 3-point retractable safety belts.
    • Top speed: 140 mph.
    • Lateral acceleration: over 1 g.
    Dimensions:
    • Wheelbase: 90in(2286mm);
    • Width: 78in.(1981mm);
    • Length: 138in.(3500mm);
    • Height: 42in.(1067mm);
    • Dry Weight: 900lbs (410kg).
    • Fuel Capacity: 7.5 US gal. (28L).
    • Performance: 0-60 mph: 4.1 sec.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Ken.
    Well, maybe on those country roads. But over here, where the Q-tips turn at every garage sale without even a turn signal, I think I'd like to be seen a little better. While they're a blip in your mirror, you become a splat on their rear bumper when they change lanes in front of you....At least on the bike, they can see your head in their mirror.