Thread: More info coming out about the healthcare bill

More info coming out about the healthcare bill

It's outlined in sections 440 and 1904 of the House bill (Page 838), under the heading "home visitation programs for families with young children and families expecting children." The programs (provided via grants to states) would educate parents on child behavior and parenting skills.

The bill says that the government agents, "well-trained and competent staff," would "provide parents with knowledge of age-appropriate child development in cognitive, language, social, emotional, and motor domains ... modeling, consulting, and coaching on parenting practices," and "skills to interact with their child to enhance age-appropriate development."
    http://townhall.com/columnists/Chuck...amacare?page=1

(Yes, it's that Chuck Norris)

Chip H.

This health bill will never save money.

The goal is to create more and more government offered services in the name of prevenative care. They want to lure people into requesting these 'free' services, then your local social services will in turn request more money for these programs - thus even more expansion of the government.

The other goal is to turn normal citizens into nonthinking fools - much like the welfare queens that they work with now. Then everyone will come to the government for advice because the social workers / nurses are 'experts'. Soon the optional services will become 'required'. Maybe you can get out of it, but you'll have to sign some paper.

Talk about preventative care - when I was at the doctor the other day there was a chart in the office - I think they want you to get your child examined 20 times or so before their 18th birthday. Also, there seems to be many new vaccines coming out every year. Although most are optional - I can see that these will all become run of the mill as preventive.

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post
    This health bill will never save money.

The goal is to create more and more government offered services in the name of prevenative care. They want to lure people into requesting these 'free' services, then your local social services will in turn request more money for these programs - thus even more expansion of the government.

The other goal is to turn normal citizens into nonthinking fools - much like the welfare queens that they work with now. Then everyone will come to the government for advice because the social workers / nurses are 'experts'. Soon the optional services will become 'required'. Maybe you can get out of it, but you'll have to sign some paper.

Talk about preventative care - when I was at the doctor the other day there was a chart in the office - I think they want you to get your child examined 20 times or so before their 18th birthday. Also, there seems to be many new vaccines coming out every year. Although most are optional - I can see that these will all become run of the mill as preventive.
    I will be opting out of the system if it comes to that.