Thread: New motto for the US

New motto for the US

Don't worry. If you wait long enough, you'll get it for free.

Did you pay too much for your house? Don't worry, we'll make that mean bank revise the loan.

Mr Banker, did you lose your shirt on those TARP loans? Don't worry, take a couple of $Billion$

Mr Insurance CEO, did you use portfolios of toxic loans as investments, to insure the very mortages that were overvalued? Don't worry have a couple of $100 Billions.

Mr Auto CEO, did you build nasty, shit box cars? Know nothing about cars, collude with unions, and basically ignore your customers? Don't worry, here's a railroad car, full of $20's.

Mr Financial Services CEO, have you found that you can no longer manipulate the market, don't worry, here's some cash.

Mr VP, has your company lost it's shirt under your management? Don't worry - you will get your bonus anyway. After all we don't want to lose talent such as yourself.

Mr Consumer, want a new car? Your government will give you $4,500 towards a new one.

Pretty obvious the list is endless:

Next is health care (I wonder if that's going to include dental, orthodontia, eyeglasses?) How about vitamins? condoms? vaccinations for every known disease? Flu shots for the entire poplulation, every year?

Then utilities (heat / light / AC / internet)

Then college

Then transportation

How will this happen? The question 'they will ask': Don't you want your children to have this? Well then everyone's children should have it too.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post
    Don't worry. If you wait long enough, you'll get it for free.

Did you pay too much for your house? Don't worry, we'll make that mean bank revise the loan.

Mr Banker, did you lose your shirt on those TARP loans? Don't worry, take a couple of $Billion$

Mr Insurance CEO, did you use portfolios of toxic loans as investments, to insure the very mortages that were overvalued? Don't worry have a couple of $100 Billions.

Mr Auto CEO, did you build nasty, shit box cars? Know nothing about cars, collude with unions, and basically ignore your customers? Don't worry, here's a railroad car, full of $20's.

Mr Financial Services CEO, have you found that you can no longer manipulate the market, don't worry, here's some cash.

Mr VP, has your company lost it's shirt under your management? Don't worry - you will get your bonus anyway. After all we don't want to lose talent such as yourself.

Mr Consumer, want a new car? Your government will give you $4,500 towards a new one.

Pretty obvious the list is endless:

Next is health care (I wonder if that's going to include dental, orthodontia, eyeglasses?) How about vitamins? condoms? vaccinations for every known disease? Flu shots for the entire poplulation, every year?

Then utilities (heat / light / AC / internet)

Then college

Then transportation

How will this happen? The question 'they will ask': Don't you want your children to have this? Well then everyone's children should have it too.
    Yeah, except where are our handouts? Seems to me that all we get is the bill!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Yeah, except where are our handouts? Seems to me that all we get is the bill!
    As I said, you just have to wait long enough!

It may be past our lifetimes.