Thread: Toyota Prius

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Toyota Prius

This week, I have a 2010 Prius. It drives ok but what I want to bitch about is the damn back-up buzzer that DING! DING! DINGS! incessantly as soon as you put the thing in Reverse. It is unbelievably annoying.

Mind you, this is a smallish sedan - not a %^$!@@@ garbage truck that needs to alert all around it that it's backing up. What the hell?

Then, I went to Lowes to pick up some boards. They fit in the Prius surprisingly well, despite the car's size and that's it not really meant to haul home a pair of eight foot 4x4s. But, they fit - almost. I could not quite close the rear hatch, so I used one of my ratcheting tie-downs to secure the hatch for the trip home.

Once, again, a god-damned buzzer. The whole way home I had to listen to PING! PING! PING! Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafety!

Believe it or not, Toyota, I know the fucking hatch is not completely closed. Ok? Sometimes, you need to leave it partially open to get something home, like I did. MYOB. How about it?

Then there's the seat belt buzzer. Not only does it go off on you if you haven't immediately buckled up, if you ignore it, the chime gets more aggressive, like an electronic version of an annoying ex-wife who just won't shut the hell up.

How about an "off" switch for these filthy buzzers and chimes?

Makes me miss old school econoboxes that didn't hassle you.

And made me want to take an ice pick to the Prius....

Staff
    That car was focus group tested for a bunch of nagging Greens environmental and safey nags. I drove the car a couple of years ago and hated it.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    That car was focus group tested for a bunch of nagging Greens environmental and safey nags. I drove the car a couple of years ago and hated it.
    Yes.

The sort of people who - to paraphrase the Reichsmarschall - make me reflexively want to reach for my gun...