Thread: When did you last test-fire your carry arm?

When did you last test-fire your carry arm?

I went to the range with some friends last night. One of them shot his 9mm that he occasionally carries, and he had some problems with the empties failing to clear the ejection port, causing a stoppage.

Turns out he needs a new recoil spring. About $15 from Wolff.

So if you carry a gun regularly, it's worthwhile to take it to the range occasionally to make sure it will work when you need it to.

Chip H.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post
    I went to the range with some friends last night. One of them shot his 9mm that he occasionally carries, and he had some problems with the empties failing to clear the ejection port, causing a stoppage.

Turns out he needs a new recoil spring. About $15 from Wolff.

So if you carry a gun regularly, it's worthwhile to take it to the range occasionally to make sure it will work when you need it to.

Chip H.

Absolutely.

I had a real dry spell - about two months - because I could not find any target ammo for my Sig 220 (.45 ACP) in the Roanoke area and I was not about to shoot up the nearly $40 per box protection rounds I have stored up.

But last week I was able to buy about 300 rounds of "cheapies" and got in some practice in my back yard.

I really enjoy my Sig. It shoots very nicely and so far no issues or problems of any sort...

The ammunition supply problem will be over shortly. The order backlog is starting to clear. Hyatt's in Charlotte just got 2 pallets of primers (don't stand too close!). Where there's primers, there will soon be bullets.

Also be looking for some incredible deals on AR-15 style weapons soon -- from what I've heard, there were shops that might sell 1000 in a year that had ordered 500+ in an attempt to take advantage of the crazy demand for them. Since they were a little behind the demand curve, their order got placed in line behind everyone else's. Now the rifles are starting to arrive, and since they ordered NET-120 terms, the shops will be under some pressure to unload them quickly.

Chip H.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post
    The ammunition supply problem will be over shortly. The order backlog is starting to clear. Hyatt's in Charlotte just got 2 pallets of primers (don't stand too close!). Where there's primers, there will soon be bullets.

Also be looking for some incredible deals on AR-15 style weapons soon -- from what I've heard, there were shops that might sell 1000 in a year that had ordered 500+ in an attempt to take advantage of the crazy demand for them. Since they were a little behind the demand curve, their order got placed in line behind everyone else's. Now the rifles are starting to arrive, and since they ordered NET-120 terms, the shops will be under some pressure to unload them quickly.

Chip H.

I'm pretty happy for now with my cheapo special SKS. It serves its purpose; though if I do get into hunting I will need to get a more powerful/accurate rifle.

I'm mainly into handguns. I enjoy plinking at targets in my backyard but mainly have them for personal/home defense.