Thread: Service still lives.

Service still lives.

Yup! I can confirm that there are still places where the customer does come first. I'm going off on a two hundred mile jaunt on the Honda on Sunday - decided (for reasons of comfort) to wear my touring gear, rather than the new, not yet fully broken in, onepiece suit and tried on the leather trousers that usually go with my Belstaff Cordura jacket. Would you believe they had shrunk in the wardrobe. Hey Ho, I went into Jack Machins in Lincoln, today, intending to buy a new pair of leather trousers. I ended up prevaricating betwen two pairs, one size 58 the other size 60 (Euro sizes), the first was a bit too tight, the second a bit too loose, both were priced at 300 ($480) a pair. Then Richard, the sales manager, came up and said 'Try these.' they were not leather but cordura, windproof, waterproof, proper touring gear. I tried them on and they fitted like an old comfortable glove. The surprise came when paying for them, 50 ($80), when I commented that he had saved me 250 ($400) Richard said 'I wasn't happy with the fit of the Alpinestars you were trying on and thought these would be a better fit. I'd sooner have a happy customer than a bit of extra money in the till.' Top service from a top company.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

I've pretty much gone to all fabric riding gear, having found that the upkeep is quite easy. When I got home from a ride if I have bugs on my pants legs I just hose those rascals off with the garden hose. Been wearing First Gear for some time, seem to fit me the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfrtbkr View Post
    I've pretty much gone to all fabric riding gear, having found that the upkeep is quite easy. When I got home from a ride if I have bugs on my pants legs I just hose those rascals off with the garden hose. Been wearing First Gear for some time, seem to fit me the best.
    I reckon I'll be quite happy with the cordura trousers, JP. They are the same material as my red/black Belstaff touring jacket, in plain black. I've always worn leather trousers with the jacket and had never really considered fabric. I've now got all fabric touring gear, a two-piece leather set for occasional use and two sets of one-piece leathers for fast road and track-day work. Mind you, once the new Crowtree leathers are fully broken in I shall probably get rid of the other one-piece set as my wardrobe is getting a bit crowded at the moment.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfrtbkr View Post
    Oh my gosh, don't let your Harley riding buddies know that. It just doesn't fit the image of a real Harley rider. Kind of like the tank bag I had on my Road Glide.