Thread: Space alien tour

Space alien tour

Trying to post tour however I keep getting an error message telling me I've got too many images. I ain't got no stinking images! Anyone got a clue as to what's going on?

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfrtbkr View Post
    Trying to post tour however I keep getting an error message telling me I've got too many images. I ain't got no stinking images! Anyone got a clue as to what's going on?
    I will get our tech guy, Dom, to look into it.

Hey, JP. If'n you don't get a quick resolution - email your report to me and I will post it for you from here. We can't keep a good report waiting.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

I composed the log in WORD then tried to transfer. Think that has anything to do with it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I composed the log in WORD then tried to transfer. Think that has anything to do with it?
    I cut and paste from Word, where text is concerned, without any problems. Don't knowif it will work with images embedded in Word - hang one while I try.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I cut and paste from Word, where text is concerned, without any problems. Don't knowif it will work with images embedded in Word - hang one while I try.

Ken.
    Trying to send a Word document to Eric's site with an embedded picture.

Picture of something pretty was attached above. Judging by the post preview it isn't going to work.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Trying to send a Word document to Eric's site with an embedded picture.

Picture of something pretty was attached above. Judging by the post preview it isn't going to work.

Ken.
    Looks as though that is the answer, JP. Embedded piccys don't work. You will have to use the Manage Attachments option which works a treat - pretty picture attached again.

Ken.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

I tried it without images with no success. It's rather long, hate to have to type it all over again.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    I tried it without images with no success. It's rather long, hate to have to type it all over again.

Dom is looking into this; but have you tried (or can you try) the following:

Instead of typing a Word document and transposing it here, just type directly into the dialogue box that comes up when you start a new post or reply to an existing post. If that works ok, I suspect the issue is that your Word document has stuff in it that you may not be seeing that the system here has a problem with. Anyway, please try that and let us know the results - thanks!

How much weight did you gain on your tour????

If this works you will all be able to read about JP's New Mexico trip.

Ken.

MY NEW MEXICO ALIEN/SPACE TRIP - Oldfrtbkr.

Day one, Sunday.

Gee, wish there was something exciting to write about but it didn’t happen on Sunday. We got on 285 at 8:50 AM, stopped for coffee in Jefferson, rode to Alamosa for lunch, crossed the New Mexico border at Antonito, had just enough rain to muddy my windshield but not clean it. Still on 285 we stopped for coffee at a quaint road side café and then continued in to Santa Fe. Northern New Mexico is lovely, lots of pinion pines and a really scenic ride. Took a couple of passes to find our well camouflaged motel but we finally did. Met up with our Arizona member, had some adult beverages, dinner and called it a day.

Day Two, Monday.

Adequate breakfast at the motel and on the road about 9:00 AM. Weather cool but bright. In an effort to avoid the interstates, we looped around the south end of Santa Fe to pick up 285 south to Roswell. Now, I’m going to make some statements here that are in no way intended to insult any of the wonderful residents of New Mexico. The word desolation was coined for that ride down 285 to Roswell. I now understand why they use the area to shoot and test rockets and artillery. There is now way they could hit anything or cause any damage unless it was some wildlife. We found another camouflaged motel, checked in and got settled and took a cab downtown to the International UFO museum. They did a great job on the museum however one must keep a sane attitude and realize that a lot, if not most of what you’ll see is not necessarily what might or might not, have happened in Roswell in 1947. Speaking with one of the locals it would seem that there are only three things keeping Roswell on the map. Aliens, a large amount of dairy farms in the area and the New Mexico Military Academy, which is a really great looking facility and I guess very well know in military circles. A few adult drinks, dinner at Applebee’s and that was it for that day.

Day Three.

Headed west out of Roswell, 70/380, headed to Alamogordo. Wonderful ride, pretty country. A steady climb up through Picacho to Ruidoso, of horse racing fame, a coffee stop and a jacket liner as it was getting a bit chilly. Followed the road down through Mescalero then an easy ride to Alamogordo and another hidden motel. The reason for the Alamogordo segment was to visit the space museum there. I’ve no idea why this place doesn’t get any more press than it does. For anyone interested in rocketry and space exploration, don’t miss this place.

Day Four.

Sadly, parted company with our dear friend who headed home to AZ. PP and I headed north through Tularosa, Three Rivers and then a coffee stop in Carrizozo. Then it was a long stretch on 380 to San Antonio and I-25 north. Not crazy about the interstates but in this case it was better that the desolation of the highways east of us. Got to Las Vegas, N.M., and not finding lodging with restaurant either attached or in walking distance, rode downtown and checked into the lovely old Plaza Hotel. Old town Las Vegas is laid out in the typical Spanish/Mexican style with the town growing up around a central plaza. Wonderful, turn of the century, architecture that is in various stages of restoration. The Plaza has a pub and great restaurant, so PP and I took full advantage of both.

Day Five.

Very rainy and cold last night, with a front that moved through and dumped a ton of rain. Fortunately, by the time we left, the rain had stopped and the roads were drying out, however it was still pretty cold. Not much else for day five, just got on I-25 and headed for the barn.

Observations.

Elapsed miles, my garage to my garage, 1367.2 but who counts when you’re having such a great time.
    I’m starting to like my full face helmet. Have to get used to the limited vision but sure nice and quiet and warm.
    Had some rather cool riding, needed the Gerbing liner but never had to plug it in.
    Every one’s bikes ran great, not a hiccup for anyone.
    Rather interesting I think is that both my Dyna and the other bike, a BMW GS, got virtually the same gas mileage. We were never more than 2/10 of a gallon apart when we got fuel.
    My Dyna has a sweet spot that she really likes, just around 75 mph however, rumor has it we did go a tiny bit faster than that but only when it was safe to do so.
    That’s a wrap up of a great ride with even greater friends. I can't find a single negative about the trip other than it was about a month too short(;=)))
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Nice write up.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Nice write up
    --------------------------------------------------------

Why thank you, thank you very much! Will now attempt posting some pix.

================================================== =
    Rather happy with my self in that department

With the spine surgeries I've had to do over the past couple years I've had to curtail the exercise a bit. However I've lost 14 pounds in about three months and weighed in the same when I got home as when I left

With the spine surgeries I've had to do over the past couple years I've had to curtail the exercise a bit. However I've lost 14 pounds in about three months and weighed in the same when I got home as when I left
    Wish I could say the same when I travel. Kathy likes to show me the finest (not money wise) places to go and George in MO loves to eat. I'm at a big disadvantage being with those two.

Hey, that's good going. I'd like to weigh in the same as I did yesterday.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.