Thread: Triumph Rocket III for 2010.

Triumph Rocket III for 2010.

Thanks to Alan Dowds of Superbike magazine for this bit of news for all you brute-cruiser and musclebike fans out there.

Thanks to an unplanned internet leak, says Alan, Triumph's 2010 range has been all over the web. Including this new 2010 version of the Rocket III, the Roadster. Triumph has tweaked the engine and chassis, for even more power and torque, and the bike has a new riding position, making it more of a musclebike than a cruiser.

Ken.

Triumph introduce 2010 Rocket III Roadster

Higher spec and lower cost for world's largest capacity motorcycle

Legendary British motorcycle manufacturer Triumph is introducing the most powerful version yet of its 2.3 litre Rocket III, the Rocket III Roadster.

The Rocket III Roadster moves out of pure cruiser territory into the ultimate muscle streetfighter category, bringing the biggest torque found on any production motorcycle.

Coming in two mean and moody black colour options, metallic Phantom Black or an aggressive Matt Black alternative, the Rocket III Roadster is powered by an updated version of Triumph's iconic three-cylinder 2,294cc powerplant. Maximum power has increased over the outgoing Rocket III, with torque up 15%, to a mighty 221Nm.

Triumph's sophisticated anti-lock braking system is fitted as standard to the Rocket III Roadster, which is the first time that an ABS system has been specified to the Rocket III platform. The bike has received extensive ergonomic and quality improvements over the previous model.

New ergonomics provide the Rocket III Roadster with a completely different riding experience from its predecessors. The footrests are now further back, lower down and more inboard, creating a more comfortable riding position, which non-cruiser riders will feel at home with. The plush new seat positions the rider higher and further forward than before, giving a relaxed and natural leg position while reducing the reach to the handlebars. The result is a Rocket that is easier to steer through corners than previous incarnations.

New rear suspension units have been designed to offer a more controlled ride than before, while the main components are blacked out to reinforce the Rocket III's aggressive image. All modifications have been designed to release more power and torque and optimise the aural experience while creating a more balanced appearance.

The Triumph Rocket III Roadster will be available at official Triumph dealerships from early 2010.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    I dig this beast.

Did I tell you that back in '03 I almost bought a Speed Triple but ended up with (another) Kaw? Reason? Much as I like the style of Brit bikes, I am leery about their reliability. Japo bikes are indestructible, or damn near it. And when they do break, parts (and dealers) are easy to find. Not such much with Brit (and Italian) stuff, at least in my area.

One of these days, though, I will be brave enough to give it a go!

Hear Hear;
    I very much enjoy my Yamaha. It's very dependable so far and hardly do anything to it but change oil and spark plugs. You know Eric I started with Yamaha and remained brand loyal. There was time when I considered a big Triumph Rocket or a bigger Yamaha Roadliner but decided the Venture is better suited for two up as I often have a traveling companion on my trips these days.
    Triumph dealerships are far and wide from my house but there are plenty of Harley dealerships around. If I ever do get another bike it will be a Harley just because but that won't be anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    If I ever do get another bike it will be a Harley just because but that won't be anytime soon.
    Yep, in 95 I told my SO, everyone should have a Harley once in their life. Great experience but now I can say after putting a total of 135,000 miles on three of them, been there, done that. Some day you will have a Harley, Adam. And when you do, you need to ride it down to Daytona for bike week and Charlie and I will help you farkle it;-)
    Last edited by Litlbike; 10-04-2009 at 07:44 AM.

Yes Sir Barry that would be the sweets. I really liked Daytona too. Too much fun and riding there oh my I loved it. You know all these long rides are making me stronger and not talking about pit stench either and bolder like a bully. In my opinion there are two types of riders. People that ride it all the time and those that don't ride much. I think the gap is pretty significant too. That being said I think the real riders on Harley's or anything ride it and are very passionate and enjoy everything while the non riders just bitch and moan and shine there bikes and keep saying to maybe it's time to sell. Buckle up and drive my big fat SUV like mama.Jokers not real riders just jokers.
    Anyway fartle away when I get my Hog,I'll be loud proud and ride with the crowd. You know Harley are getting better and better too and some say they are even better then Japanees bikes. I'm starting to listen to that bull too!!!

I don't think anyone makes a bad bike anymore. Even my Ural is still holding up well and it's got over 5000 (Yep, that's 5K) miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hear Hear;
    I very much enjoy my Yamaha. It's very dependable so far and hardly do anything to it but change oil and spark plugs. You know Eric I started with Yamaha and remained brand loyal. There was time when I considered a big Triumph Rocket or a bigger Yamaha Roadliner but decided the Venture is better suited for two up as I often have a traveling companion on my trips these days.
    Triumph dealerships are far and wide from my house but there are plenty of Harley dealerships around. If I ever do get another bike it will be a Harley just because but that won't be anytime soon.
    Yep!

Now, if I were a rich man, I'd happily pony up the coin for a British or Italian bike, knowing I could just ship the thing to the dealer in Richmond (200 miles away) and have 'em send it back when fixed.

But even then, when money's no issue, hassle still is. I have never had a significant problem with any japo bike I have ever owned. Hondas and Kaws, of all types and classes - and they all were (and are) rock solid reliable.

I value that even more than a good price up front!

Quote Originally Posted by Litlbike View Post
    I don't think anyone makes a bad bike anymore. Even my Ural is still holding up well and it's got over 5000 (Yep, that's 5K) miles on it.
    I tend to agree, at least in the "Yugo" sense of really crappy stuff. But when it's time for routine service or when something does go wrong with, say, a Ducati, the parts may be more expensive as well as harder to get quickly - especially if you don't happen to live near a dealer (a very real issue for those of us who don't live in a major metro area, where "exotic" dealers are scarce but mainline Japo stuff is as common as McDonalds).