Thread: Somebody left the A/C on all night

Somebody left the A/C on all night

Damn, it's 57 in Daytona at 3:00 PM. We've got a 12 MPH wind, what's that make it with the wind chill? Heck, we don't even know what wind chill means. Adam, don't they call that "the Hawk" up there?

Somebody turn on the heat!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieCLU View Post
    Damn, it's 57 in Daytona at 3:00 PM. We've got a 12 MPH wind, what's that make it with the wind chill? Heck, we don't even know what wind chill means. Adam, don't they call that "the Hawk" up there?

Count yourself lucky, chief - it's low 40s here and raining... for three days straight now!

Gee Charlie, I feel bad for you....... BWAAHAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA

Hay, with winter approaching and your tales of riding when I'm a$$hole deep in snow, I gotta get my shots in while I can.

Charlie yes The Hawk will freeze you to death if your not carefull. You don't know cold Charlie,you know nothing about cold. Stop yourself before you embarress yourself,let us northen boys bitch and moan about cold. Winter seperates the snowmen from the snow birds. Just got the furnace checked,got a bag of salt and my cable updated with more channels. I'm ready for the real hawk not to be confused with south winds of Florida,yours is more a pigeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosts08ultra View Post
    Gee Charlie, I feel bad for you....... BWAAHAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA

Hay, with winter approaching and your tales of riding when I'm a$$hole deep in snow, I gotta get my shots in while I can.
    You guys ever dirt bike in snow?

That can be a lotta fun - especially if your courage is fortified by the beer muscles....!

Dirt Bike in the SNOW??? No way! Hell in a fit of beer bravery, I went to the top of a mountain in VT. Had rented skis, boots, the whole damn gear. Got to the top and yelled " where's the damn boat?"! There wern't one! Found out why those guys go from side to side instead of straight down hill. Also why they have trees lining those big white roads down those mountains.

If I get the urge to see snow, I'll take the ice cream out of the freezer and watch as the snow covers it....

Dirt Bike in the SNOW??? No way! Hell in a fit of beer bravery, I went to the top of a mountain in VT. Had rented skis, boots, the whole damn gear. Got to the top and yelled " where's the damn boat?"! There wern't one! Found out why those guys go from side to side instead of straight down hill. Also why they have trees lining those big white roads down those mountains.

If I get the urge to see snow, I'll take the ice cream out of the freezer and watch as the snow covers it....
    I can relate to that one Charlie. I tried ice fishing once. By the time I chopped a hole in the ice big enough to launch the boat, I was too tired to fish....

If you have the right knobbies... and the right beer - it can be fun!

No,not me Eric I don't have the gumption for that. Hey I'm going to book a Hotel for Sturgis for next year. I hope I'll go and give ya all a good read on these boards. I'm only going for a couple days but hope to scout it out for perhaps one more future trip. This trip will be more a fact finding mission. Why is Sturgis such a big deal? I understand that riders from all over the world go there. What is it about Sturgis?

Sturgis is not a big deal, It's like Daytona bikeweek in a 4 block area. But, the rides! Some of the best rides in the country. Custer State park, Needles, Mt. Rushmore, Devels Tower, on and on... I'll never go to "Sturgis" again, but I'll go back to Sturgis for the rides without the crowds. And from Chicago, you can ride the Badlands on the way out there. Watch for the thunderstorms, they come quick and hit hard. Hotel? Man you gotta do the Buffalo Chip Campground! That's the only place to stay..

Thanks Charlie;

I'll talk to my Sweets you met her in Iowa.about the Buffalo Chip. I'm kinda excited about going and hope to tell it like it is about it. You know it's all about the ride and seeing all my fellow riders around me. I think that is what makes it so much fun. Going to Daytona I felt like a Lone Wolf riding there. I think riding from Illinois to South Dakota with a passenger and lots of bikers,freaks and trailer queens around may be kinda fun. Anyway life is an adventure.

Adam,
    Yes, you should do it. Just understand the crowd is there and a lot of folks ride like it's their first ride ever. You saw that in Daytona. The crowds are everywhere as there's nothing in Sturgis till the sun goes down except the vendors. Be aware, it's hot, can be cold, the buffalo are big and no match for El Toro. Your going on a frightful ride that could be very dangerous. I'm sure you'll run into a few 1% ers. Angels and Outlaws!

And the scariest of all, the jackalope!!

Yes Sir Big C;

I'll bring some shall we say protection with. There is a song of my experience in Daytona with all those bikes around. Clowns to the left of me jokers to the right hear I am stuck in the middle with my Honey.

Rabbits are subtle, evil beasts... never turn your back on one...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Rabbits are subtle, evil beasts... never turn your back on one...
    And the proof of Eric's words is right here folks!

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.