Thread: Maggot cop does 94 mph; kills two teenagers

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Maggot cop does 94 mph; kills two teenagers

Check this out:

"Milford police released video today of a deadly collision that killed two teens in June.The dashboard cam of a police cruiser shows a speeding Officer Jason Anderson pass on the right side of the road and barrel into Ashlie Krakowski and David Servin as they made a left-hand turn. Servin died at the scene. Krakowski died later at the hospital.
    Anderson was driving 94 mph and did not have his lights or siren on. Even worse, the officer was not responding to a call and had no reason to be speeding. The officer has been charged with manslaughter but is on paid leave from the department."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_362353.html

Note that he was not responding to a call and did not have his flashers on. The kids just had the bad luck to be turning into the path of this Maggot cop.

What's Most Maggoty about this is that he would never have been charged with a thing had he not ended up crashing into the kids and killing them. No "reckless driving" (or even speeding) tickets for cops who drive 94 mph. But had you or I driven 10 mph faster than the limit past this cop, no doubt he would have given us a ticket for "unsafe speeding."

The cop in the camera car was clearly going after him to have a talk.
    Check the speed readout at upper right.
    The camera car sped up from 55, reaching 78mph at the instant of collision.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHalloran View Post
    The cop in the camera car was clearly going after him to have a talk.
    Check the speed readout at upper right.
    The camera car sped up from 55, reaching 78mph at the instant of collision.
    I have seen similar (though not as egregious) many times. Cops driving well above the posted limit, for no obvious reason - other than they can. Cops know the "speeding" thing is bullshit; that most of the tickets they issue for that are crap. This is why they ignore the same speed limits we ignore.

I just could not spend my day hassling people for what I knew in my heart was absolute BS... .

Holly shet that is terrible.

Speaking of speeding.. The slowest driver in the world, my wife who mind you gets pulled over for going to slow, received a speeding ticket this weekend. It was 11pm on a Saturday night on an empty road in the middle of nowhere, 39 in a 25 ladies and gentlemen. Motherfuckers! I hate this shit.

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Holly shet that is terrible.

Speaking of speeding.. The slowest driver in the world, my wife who mind you gets pulled over for going to slow, received a speeding ticket this weekend. It was 11pm on a Saturday night on an empty road in the middle of nowhere, 39 in a 25 ladies and gentlemen. Motherfuckers! I hate this shit.
    My wife's like that too - and she also got a speeding ticket just like that about three years ago. Total radar trap BS. But it proves the point: If people like our wives (the slowest drivers in the world) get caught for "speeding" then the "speeding" laws are totally FUBAR.

You guys gonna go to court?

Naw, I'm not going. The money I lose that day by not going to work is greater than the fine. Besides, the judge has seen me once already this year! I am just going to bend over for this one!

I can't make too many appearances in court man. First off, I don't want the judge knowing my face, secondly I don't want the cops knowing my face either.

-Mussolini

Naw, I'm not going. The money I lose that day by not going to work is greater than the fine. Besides, the judge has seen me once already this year! I am just going to bend over for this one!

I can't make too many appearances in court man. First off, I don't want the judge knowing my face, secondly I don't want the cops knowing my face either.
    Yeah... I hear you.

Still, you might try some delaying tactics to gunk up the system. First, ask for a continuance. This will change the court date on the ticket to a later time. There's a chance the paperwork could get lost, or maybe the cop won't show - in which case the charge often gets dropped, even if you don't show up at court. In VA, they pretty much always grant a continuance upon request.

For fun - just to hassle them - you could subpoena the training records of the cop, his radar certification etc. It's called "discovery" (basically the evidence against you) and you have a legal right to be provided this material prior to trail. If they don't, it's a basis for dismissal.

Or, just have your wife go to the CA and ask whether she can do the F'ing traffic school in return for nixing the ticket.

It's worth wasting a Saturday just to avoid the points on her record....

What is the CA?

-Mussolini

What is the CA?
    Oh, sorry!

Commonwealth's Attorney (in VA).