Thread: We'll be out of Afghanistan in 3 years... uh-huh

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

We'll be out of Afghanistan in 3 years... uh-huh

Is anyone buying this?

Remember when the long-legged Mack Daddy promised if he became president the war would be over?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank. "

- Barack Obama, October 27, 2007

Will the imbeciles out there ever get it?

It doesn't matter whether it's a Chimp (GOP) or a Mack Daddy (Democrat). Both are two sides of the same corporatist coin - and wholly owned spokespuppets for the Machine; the big business-military-corporate-payola shyster Machine that milks this country like a sore-teated old cow.

Nothing will ever change until there is a revolution - the real thing - in this country.

Have we ever left a country that we were fighting in? We've got over 50,000 troops spread around the world in places that we should have left years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose View Post
    Have we ever left a country that we were fighting in? We've got over 50,000 troops spread around the world in places that we should have left years ago!
    So true!

PS - Good to see you're still lurking around.... how's the Mustang?

Auburn, CA & Reno, NV & Cold Springs Valley, NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Is anyone buying this?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank. "

- Barack Obama, October 27, 2007

Wasn't that what he said about Iraq?

And didn't he say he wanted to send more troops to Afghanistan?

-Don- SSF, CA

So true!

PS - Good to see you're still lurking around.... how's the Mustang?
    Ah yes--- the Mustang--- I was going to keep it till I found an EDGE that I wanted-- At least an '08 or newer.
    Well, a dealer about 40 miles from my home had an '08 Limited with 16,000 miles on the clock--- an "Executive Lease" from Ford! He had it hanging around for a couple of months and had it priced really right.
    I asked the internet mgr. what he'd take--out the door--tax title and plates. It was a little too high--- so I was joking around and told him to go look at my Mustang-- that white one that everone was eyeballing.
    They came back with a helluva deal--- the trade in was more than I paid for it-- so, I played a little more and said he was now getting close, but it would take another 1500 bucks off to do the deal.
    He told me to wait a minute--- came back 10 minutes later and said--It's a deal---
    I made a fast 3 grand on that Mustang and am now the proud owner of an '08 Edge Ltd. with 20" wheels and sport suspension.
    This new 3.5 engine hauls ass--- and I now have a vehicle that more fits my body!

Ah yes--- the Mustang--- I was going to keep it till I found an EDGE that I wanted-- At least an '08 or newer.
    Well, a dealer about 40 miles from my home had an '08 Limited with 16,000 miles on the clock--- an "Executive Lease" from Ford! He had it hanging around for a couple of months and had it priced really right.
    I asked the internet mgr. what he'd take--out the door--tax title and plates. It was a little too high--- so I was joking around and told him to go look at my Mustang-- that white one that everone was eyeballing.
    They came back with a helluva deal--- the trade in was more than I paid for it-- so, I played a little more and said he was now getting close, but it would take another 1500 bucks off to do the deal.
    He told me to wait a minute--- came back 10 minutes later and said--It's a deal---
    I made a fast 3 grand on that Mustang and am now the proud owner of an '08 Edge Ltd. with 20" wheels and sport suspension.
    This new 3.5 engine hauls ass--- and I now have a vehicle that more fits my body!
    Excellent!

And yes, that 3.5 is a nice little engine. I just got a Taurus SHO, which has the same mill/with twin turbos and 360 hp. It moves out!

Quote Originally Posted by DonTom View Post

Wasn't that what he said about Iraq?

And didn't he say he wanted to send more troops to Afghanistan?

-Don- SSF, CA
    And we're still in Iraq, too - with no end in sight.

Obama/Sotero is just exactly what the Chimp was: a front man/shill for the corporate state and its enforcement arm, the military.

And we're still in Iraq, too - with no end in sight.
    Dec 2011 is supposed to be the date for us to get the hell out of Iraq.

-Don-

Quote Originally Posted by DonTom View Post
    Dec 2011 is supposed to be the date for us to get the hell out of Iraq.

-Don-
    Right. Are you buying that?

Right. Are you buying that?
    Yes. We're being kicked out. We won't be stupid enough to stay after that. At least I hope not!

-Don-

Staff
    What year was your Mustang?

The Mustang was an '04 40th anniversary model. White with leather and all the bells & whistles thay had.
    My problem was I had to wear the thing. Getting in & out was a major operation.