Thread: Homeowner kills intruder

Homeowner kills intruder

A woman was home alone when someone tried to break into her house. She was on the phone with 911 as she retreated to her bathroom with her shotgun. After the man broke into her house, she shoots and kills him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m31ZpQVILRk

Chip H.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post
    A woman was home alone when someone tried to break into her house. She was on the phone with 911 as she retreated to her bathroom with her shotgun. After the man broke into her house, she shoots and kills him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m31ZpQVILRk

Chip H.
    Outstanding!

One less Maggot to worry about. Made my day...

As of last July 1st, Indiana dropped the "must retreat" clause from the "castle" law. Now, if an armed intruder breaks in, it's open season. I know of people who used to buy knives at swap meets to drop on the body in case it turned out the intruder wasn't really armed. Personally, I'd just say "Well I THOUGHT he was armed".
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

In Oregon the way the law reads, you must be threatened, with a weapon by the intruder. And if you should shoot, make sure they fall inside the home, even if you have to drag 'em back inside. I like grouches idea. Keep a few knifes about just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by J. ZIMM View Post
    In Oregon the way the law reads, you must be threatened, with a weapon by the intruder. And if you should shoot, make sure they fall inside the home, even if you have to drag 'em back inside. I like grouches idea. Keep a few knifes about just in case...

Such laws are incredible. How, exactly, is a homeowner supposed to determine whether the guy who just broke into his house, in the middle of the night, is "armed"? It puts all the onus on the homeowner - which is despicable since it means it puts him at a huge disadvantage in terms of self defense. "Excuse me, Mr. Scumbag who just broke into my house. It's dark and I can't tell whether you're armed and here to kill me or just steal my TV. The laws says I need to ascertain your motives - and need to give you the benefit of the doubt before I can defend myself - so please let me know whether you have a weapon..."

Makes me want to puke.

As far as I'm concerned, a criminal who breaks into someone's house has assumed all responsibility for whatever happens after that. And lost any benefit of the doubt. The only issue is whether to use Clorox or OxyClean to get the scumbag's brain stains off the walls.

My sense of it is that society is close to having had enough of the crap that gives scumbag criminals every advantage and which criminalizes honest people for defending themselves against them.

That case in Texas, for example.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEZ9s0ZBAu8

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    As of last July 1st, Indiana dropped the "must retreat" clause from the "castle" law. Now, if an armed intruder breaks in, it's open season. I know of people who used to buy knives at swap meets to drop on the body in case it turned out the intruder wasn't really armed. Personally, I'd just say "Well I THOUGHT he was armed".
    Good news.

The laws should all be changed to allow any honest citizen to use deadly force against any scumbag criminal who threatens their person or property.

An armed society is a polite society!